+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Malta summer 2018

RBW Member sluca is an unknown quantity at this point sluca's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Malta summer 2018

I know it is a bit early, but I plan ahead. And I live in Africa, so I need to make my plans very carefully, in order to match holidays and visit to my family back home in Italy. I am thinking that paying a visit to Malta at the end of June/beginning of July 2018 could be a good way to get some long bottom time and independent diving with taking the family not too far from Italy. I was wondering if you guys had suggestions on whether to stay in Malta or Gozo. What is best in terms of number of accessible dive sites from shore, facilities and family time. And I was wondering if there is anyone living there or elsewhere that would be planning to join me for some dives. I dive an apd evolution, I am certified mod2 up to 60mt. But I tend to spend my dives thinking and doing pictures rather than beating my depth record. I am cave certified and do quite an it if solo diving here in Mozambique with my little boat. Who should I talk to and who would like to join me? Luca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member ztirfritz is an unknown quantity at this point ztirfritz's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon

Re: Malta summer 2018

Hi, I'm based in Malta and lived in Gozo of a number of years. i would recommend you stay in Gozo rather than Malta. more dive options irrespective of the weather with various location with easy entry and exit points. there are a number of scuttled wrecks, but if you want to dive genuine WWI and WWII wrecks you need to head to Malta, possibly for the day. Noting that you do dive solo, i would still recommend you have some one experienced with the local conditions and sites to guide you. at least for your first trip to Malta. this will ensure you get the best of Gozo. i would recommend Gozo Technical Diving, Tom and Audrey as they very well understand a technical divers needs. Tell them Fritz, thats me, recommended them. No interest, they are simply friends and they will take extra care of you. finding CCR buddies may not be easy as most travel to Gozo. More CCR divers based in Malta but irrespective, diving in Gozo much much better than Malta.

Quote Originally Posted by sluca  View Original Post
    I know it is a bit early, but I plan ahead. And I live in Africa, so I need to make my plans very carefully, in order to match holidays and visit to my family back home in Italy. I am thinking that paying a visit to Malta at the end of June/beginning of July 2018 could be a good way to get some long bottom time and independent diving with taking the family not too far from Italy. I was wondering if you guys had suggestions on whether to stay in Malta or Gozo. What is best in terms of number of accessible dive sites from shore, facilities and family time. And I was wondering if there is anyone living there or elsewhere that would be planning to join me for some dives. I dive an apd evolution, I am certified mod2 up to 60mt. But I tend to spend my dives thinking and doing pictures rather than beating my depth record. I am cave certified and do quite an it if solo diving here in Mozambique with my little boat. Who should I talk to and who would like to join me? Luca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread