+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diving in Gallipoli / Çanakkale

RBW Member jasonroz is an unknown quantity at this point jasonroz's Avatar

Diving in Gallipoli / Çanakkale

Looking for some advise if anyone has experience with diving around Gallipoli.

I'm heading over with a group at the end of September to dive wrecks in the Gallinpoli area. We were informed by the dive operator this week that max depth for standard dives is 30 meters and under some circumstances to 42 meters. We are all hypoxic trimix divers regularly diving deep wrecks and had shortlisted several historic WWI wrecks we were planing to dive on the trip. But the dive operator this week is now stating we are not able to dive any deep wrecks. They reference the local "Open Circuit" standards which do appear to be strictly enforced in Turkey from what I can read. Most of our group are OC but there will be a few of us on CCR.

I'm looking for someone to explain to me the regulations and what can be done to organised access (permits?) to the deeper wrecks and if anyone has local contacts that might be able to assist with access. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Re: Diving in Gallipoli / Çanakkale

Any chance in English

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Forget it - after the death of a CCR diver on the very first trip the Gov has clamped down on permits etc. its currently a no go zone for deep diving.

regards Baz

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread