+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drager Panorama Nova with O2ptima?

RBW Member Gataholic is an unknown quantity at this point Gataholic's Avatar
    O2ptima

Re: Drager Panorama Nova with O2ptima?

Yes definitely helps and you find the WOB with the shrimp and FFM to be comfortable enough?

I did read the hoses stiffen up the loop but would you notice so much if itís on the FFM I have no idea.

From what Divesoft have said you can buy the BOV and add and install the ADV and MAVs yourself at a later stage thus turning it to an iBOV, and I was only talking about their p port edition which is the same as their standard just upside down...for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by haaginheimer  View Original Post
    I have a Drager Panorama and I purchased a Shrimp to use with it after I tried it a few times OC

What I like about the Shrimp is the ease of service on the components - a couple of allen screws and the regulator bolt and you have have it apart in a few minutes. easy to clean and maintain and the parts are easily sourced from Golem Gear. The second is that the mask (for me) helps alleviate jaw fatigue. I dive a high flow river and go upriver with a scooter so I typically have to bite the mouthpiece pretty hard not to lose it and flood the loop. The last is the quick connectors on the shrimp allow you to pop it on and off with a snap. The Divesoft connectors take a bit longer

I do like the manual add bit on the Divesoft as well as the integrated ADV. Helps eliminate hoses. I don't believe they have made the iBov with a P-port yet. The few comments I have seen about the manual adds up front is that they "stiffen" the loop with the hoses. I havent found anyone who dives a full face mask yet to confirm how they felt. Also I dive a Meg so with right to left the MAVs up front just don't work out... but I am really keen to try one sometime.

hope it helps!

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

I saw that the P-port is inverted. I think it's because they used it to raise the HUD to eye level.

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

20171114_200752.jpg20171114_200802.jpg

Pics of how I rigged my mask and off board.

RBW Member Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060's Avatar
    Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by haaginheimer  View Original Post
    Attachment 43945Attachment 43946

Pics of how I rigged my mask and off board.
    What is that bit of kit on top of your mask? Is it a light holder? I have been trying to figure out a way to attach a light holder to my Panorama.

I'm not sure if Golem has fixed this issue or not, but the P-ports for the shrimp aren't long enough for the Panorama. The lower bulge in the BOV contacts the vent grate on the mask before the p-port becomes seated. This can prevent it from being locked on even though it feels like it is attached properly. The result is that the loop drops off during the dive. I had this happen twice on one dive before I figured out a work around. You have to attach the mask at about a 90 degree angle where there is enough clearance and rotate it into final position.

FFM's have a tall learning curve. Now that I have climbed it, I don't like to dive without one...

RBW Member Gataholic is an unknown quantity at this point Gataholic's Avatar
    O2ptima

Interesting about the p port I have not heard that before but will keep an eye on it, if Iím lucky I think my shrimp arrives this week.

I will be new to diving FFM so any tips or advice will be very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen24060  View Original Post
    What is that bit of kit on top of your mask? Is it a light holder? I have been trying to figure out a way to attach a light holder to my Panorama.

I'm not sure if Golem has fixed this issue or not, but the P-ports for the shrimp aren't long enough for the Panorama. The lower bulge in the BOV contacts the vent grate on the mask before the p-port becomes seated. This can prevent it from being locked on even though it feels like it is attached properly. The result is that the loop drops off during the dive. I had this happen twice on one dive before I figured out a work around. You have to attach the mask at about a 90 degree angle where there is enough clearance and rotate it into final position.

FFM's have a tall learning curve. Now that I have climbed it, I don't like to dive without one...

KISS GEM (modified)

I had never heard that about the GG BOV. I've seated it just like the Apeks regulator and tried to pull it out no problem. Maybe it was from an earlier design??

I actually have that attachment point from a friend. I also have not found an easy way to attach a light and camera to my Panorama. I use a Light Monkey helmet with everything mounted there and it works well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2