+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drager Panorama Nova with O2ptima?

RBW Member Gataholic is an unknown quantity at this point Gataholic's Avatar
    O2ptima

Drager Panorama Nova with O2ptima?

Hi guys, I am trying to find out whether I can connect a DPN to the latest revision of the O2ptima? Without using a Shrimp so direct to the DSV preferably.

Any ideas or where I could find the connection? I have been searching a lot and all I could see was Golem Gear used to make a universal adapter but it does not seem available anymore...I would consider changing the DSV if it made sense.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Gataholic; 19th August 2017 at 19:37.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: Drager Panorama Nova with O2ptima?

I'm not sure if you will be successful, but I have to interject and beg you to not do it. Use of FFM with CCR virtually demands the inclusion of a BOV. No reason not to use one. It's just safer. Whether you use the Nova, Guardian, AGA, or anything else, please do yourself a favor and include a BOV.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

I'm new to the Panorama myself

I'm using a Golem DSV with a regulator setup. Eventually I'll move to the BOV.

I think Martin at Tecme made adaptors back in the day.

O2ptima

Good advice Ken, it seams the best way is using a Shrimp BOV or now even the new Divesoft BOV...trying to decide which one to go with!

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I'm not sure if you will be successful, but I have to interject and beg you to not do it. Use of FFM with CCR virtually demands the inclusion of a BOV. No reason not to use one. It's just safer. Whether you use the Nova, Guardian, AGA, or anything else, please do yourself a favor and include a BOV.

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by Gataholic  View Original Post
    Good advice Ken, it seams the best way is using a Shrimp BOV or now even the new Divesoft BOV...trying to decide which one to go with!

If you use the Panorama you can connect a Apeks to the side P-Ports and no need for the bov that's how I use mine.

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Quote Originally Posted by Gataholic  View Original Post
    I have not seen the DiveSoft with a P-port adaption yet. I was told that you could not interchange between a standard mouthpiece and P-port like the shrimp can...

Paul Daniels eXile is on a distinguished road eXile is on a distinguished road eXile's Avatar
    Davis Station, Antarctica(Usually Jervis Bay, Australia)
    Ouroboros #107

Classic Inspo, Ray, Homebuild

I have a Divesoft with the p-port sitting at home. As far as I know they are one or the other, not interchangable but I haven't seen mine yet so I can't say that with 100% accuracy

KISS GEM (modified)

I looked up some pictures and finally saw it does not look like the mouthpiece can be changed.

O2ptima

I spoke with Divesoft and your right it’s not interchangeable like the shrimp, you need to get another “shell” of the standard BOV and you can change it around yourself. But that’s for sure not the 30 seconds it takes with the shrimp. I like that aspect of the shrimp and when I used it a few times I thought it was a great bit of kit. The Divesoft apparently has a better breathe and has the option of manual adds on the front which could be nice in some ways...I’m 50/50 on it. Any advice?

Adding a reg on the side does work but for the price of a golem DSV I might aswell put a bit more in and get a BOV.

KISS GEM (modified)

I have a Drager Panorama and I purchased a Shrimp to use with it after I tried it a few times OC

What I like about the Shrimp is the ease of service on the components - a couple of allen screws and the regulator bolt and you have have it apart in a few minutes. easy to clean and maintain and the parts are easily sourced from Golem Gear. The second is that the mask (for me) helps alleviate jaw fatigue. I dive a high flow river and go upriver with a scooter so I typically have to bite the mouthpiece pretty hard not to lose it and flood the loop. The last is the quick connectors on the shrimp allow you to pop it on and off with a snap. The Divesoft connectors take a bit longer

I do like the manual add bit on the Divesoft as well as the integrated ADV. Helps eliminate hoses. I don't believe they have made the iBov with a P-port yet. The few comments I have seen about the manual adds up front is that they "stiffen" the loop with the hoses. I havent found anyone who dives a full face mask yet to confirm how they felt. Also I dive a Meg so with right to left the MAVs up front just don't work out... but I am really keen to try one sometime.

hope it helps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast