Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mini travel gas booster

Supporting Member jgsdive is an unknown quantity at this point jgsdive's Avatar

Mini travel gas booster

SOLD.

----------------------------

Sale price $2000 firm

Invested significantly more

Very comprehensive set with digital and analog guages, swagelok fittings, gas filters, case etc.

Configured to do almost anything. I also have a 6 X 6 X 6 container of misc extra swagelok fittings and extra steel hose (6ft ??) that I will include.

Sorry for all the pictures- but should answer most questions.

In great condition, lightly used to fill maybe 8 sets (max) of doubles with TRIMIX blends.

Can be manual or air boosted by another tank.

Serious inquiries, please. Contact me at jgsdive@gmail.com. It is heavy. But case has wheels. Guessing 30lbs - will weigh when someone seriously wants to buy.

Prefer local pick up in FL (I can drive and meet). Live in Spring Hill FL 34609. Will ship in USA if I must (buyer expense).

Thank you
    JG
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jgsdive; 10th August 2017 at 12:11. Reason: Update Sale Status

RBW Member lonestarfla is an unknown quantity at this point lonestarfla's Avatar
    GEM

Re: Mini travel gas booster

is it O2 clean?
    Lee Gibson

RBW Member NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Which Swagelok QDs are those?

Quote Originally Posted by lonestarfla  View Original Post
    is it O2 clean?
    Lee Gibson
    Yes- used for TRIMIX

Quote Originally Posted by NickB  View Original Post
    Which Swagelok QDs are those?
    I dont know model/type etc, but when I created everything it was for O2 and I even added in-line filters.

The system works perfectly...

hope this helps

RBW Member NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by jgsdive  View Original Post
    I dont know model/type etc, but when I created everything it was for O2 and I even added in-line filters.

hope this helps
    No, it doesn't.

They look like QC-4s which are only rated for 3000psi (206 bar). The Jetsam can boost higher than that.

Worse, they're rated for less than 20 bar when uncoupled.

If they're QC-6s, they're only rated for 1500psi (103 bar).

QF fittings would have been more appropriate.

RBW Member lonestarfla is an unknown quantity at this point lonestarfla's Avatar
    GEM

hope this helps
    sent you an email

Quote Originally Posted by NickB  View Original Post
    No, it doesn't.

They look like QC-4s which are only rated for 3000psi (206 bar). The Jetsam can boost higher than that.

Worse, they're rated for less than 20 bar when uncoupled.

If they're QC-6s, they're only rated for 1500psi (103 bar).

QF fittings would have been more appropriate.
    Nick
    Thanks for the update. You are obviously quite experienced. Yes I had forgot the designation, but a FACT is the system boosted to 3000 without any issues while managing blending protocols for a wide range of gas transfers & methods for O2 and He.

I went back and looked at old receipts, and fittings are QC-4. Thanks for the memory jolt.

Used the booster for double 104s LP tanks, not 2/3L tanks

Not sure why you said the "system" did NOT (your comment "NO") work "perfectly". I am guessing your point was to say that the "design" was not as robust as it could be because of the fittings, check valves, filters etc are/could be a weak link. Certainly an important point.

As for QF, I only know of large storage bottle valves. Do you have a URL link to a vendor or design data sheets so I can get smarter?

Thanks
    JG

Quote Originally Posted by lonestarfla  View Original Post
    sent you an email
    Copy. Will PM

Thanks

JJ-CCR

Not sure why you said the "system" did NOT (your comment "NO") work "perfectly". I am guessing your point was to say that the "design" was not as robust as it could be because of the fittings, check valves, filters etc are/could be a weak link. Certainly an important point.
    I wasn't challenging your assertion that the system works perfectly. I was replying to your comment of 'hope this helps'.

It didn't as you couldn't answer my question.

As for QF, I only know of large storage bottle valves. Do you have a URL link to a vendor or design data sheets so I can get smarter?
    The Swagelok QF series are full-flow quick connects that are good to 6000psi in the sizes that we'd be interested in for this application and at the temperatures we're likely to encounter.

https://www.swagelok.com/downloads/W.../MS-01-138.pdf

They also cannot be operated unconnected which the QC series can.

Last edited by NickB; 10th August 2017 at 14:49. Reason: Added image

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast