+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

RBW Member hamishmorrison is an unknown quantity at this point hamishmorrison's Avatar
    JJ DiveCAN

Re: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

TBH I've got nothing to compare it to, but it seems to do the job OK. Speed is very dependent on donor pressure, but as I seldom have to fill from empty its difficult to say really.

It's been pretty reliable, but occasionally the shuttle will stick allowing the drive gas to bypass. I don't know why this happens but it seems to eventually self-resolve.

I know life would be much more complicated without it, that's for sure!

RBW Member jeffgerritsen is an unknown quantity at this point jeffgerritsen's Avatar
    Megalodon

Optima

Hamish,
    usually when the shuttle sticks a couple of possible causes could be pressure differential between supply side and boosted pressure are too close. I find closing donor gas and bleeding the supply line helps. The other possibility is the o-rings on the shuttle are wearing out. I replaced them and shuttle worked well again.

Quote Originally Posted by hamishmorrison  View Original Post
    TBH I've got nothing to compare it to, but it seems to do the job OK. Speed is very dependent on donor pressure, but as I seldom have to fill from empty its difficult to say really.

It's been pretty reliable, but occasionally the shuttle will stick allowing the drive gas to bypass. I don't know why this happens but it seems to eventually self-resolve.

I know life would be much more complicated without it, that's for sure!

RBW Member hamishmorrison is an unknown quantity at this point hamishmorrison's Avatar
    JJ DiveCAN

Thanks Jeff, I'll bear that in mind for the next time it happens.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

theres a russian made booster for sale, dropped to 2k now, all electric, so no compressor, air dryer, etc required.

Downside, weighs 250 pounds. If I had a place for it, would have bought it.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    theres a russian made booster for sale, dropped to 2k now, all electric, so no compressor, air dryer, etc required.

Downside, weighs 250 pounds. If I had a place for it, would have bought it.
    Where is it for sale?

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

CCRX or TDS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2