+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

  1. #11
    RBW Member hamishmorrison is an unknown quantity at this point hamishmorrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    25
    JJ DiveCAN

    Re: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

    TBH I've got nothing to compare it to, but it seems to do the job OK. Speed is very dependent on donor pressure, but as I seldom have to fill from empty its difficult to say really.

    It's been pretty reliable, but occasionally the shuttle will stick allowing the drive gas to bypass. I don't know why this happens but it seems to eventually self-resolve.

    I know life would be much more complicated without it, that's for sure!

  2. #12
    RBW Member jeffgerritsen is an unknown quantity at this point jeffgerritsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kent Washington
    Posts
    153
    Megalodon

    Optima

    Re: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

    Hamish,
    usually when the shuttle sticks a couple of possible causes could be pressure differential between supply side and boosted pressure are too close. I find closing donor gas and bleeding the supply line helps. The other possibility is the o-rings on the shuttle are wearing out. I replaced them and shuttle worked well again.


    Quote Originally Posted by hamishmorrison  View Original Post
    TBH I've got nothing to compare it to, but it seems to do the job OK. Speed is very dependent on donor pressure, but as I seldom have to fill from empty its difficult to say really.

    It's been pretty reliable, but occasionally the shuttle will stick allowing the drive gas to bypass. I don't know why this happens but it seems to eventually self-resolve.

    I know life would be much more complicated without it, that's for sure!

  3. #13
    RBW Member hamishmorrison is an unknown quantity at this point hamishmorrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    25
    JJ DiveCAN

    Re: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

    Thanks Jeff, I'll bear that in mind for the next time it happens.

  4. #14
    Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    895
    Meg

    KISS

    Re: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

    theres a russian made booster for sale, dropped to 2k now, all electric, so no compressor, air dryer, etc required.

    Downside, weighs 250 pounds. If I had a place for it, would have bought it.

  5. #15
    RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    151

    Re: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    theres a russian made booster for sale, dropped to 2k now, all electric, so no compressor, air dryer, etc required.

    Downside, weighs 250 pounds. If I had a place for it, would have bought it.
    Where is it for sale?

  6. #16
    Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    895
    Meg

    KISS

    Re: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

    CCRX or TDS

  7. #17
    RBW Member peter25330 is an unknown quantity at this point peter25330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23

    Re: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

    Anyone have any experience with a Hydraulics International 3G-DS-29 seems to be a bit bigger than the mini booster?

  8. #18
    RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA, NY
    Posts
    718
    MK15.5, MK25

    Re: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

    Quote Originally Posted by peter25330  View Original Post
    Anyone have any experience with a Hydraulics International 3G-DS-29 seems to be a bit bigger than the mini booster?

    If this is what you are asking about, J U N K. Stick with Haskle and you won't have a hassle. With boosters, ya get whatca pay fer.


  9. #19
    Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    895
    Meg

    KISS

    Re: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

    they are far from Junk, but certainly not as good as a haskel. I have one of these for a backup booster, and my dive buddy uses his extensively.

  10. #20
    RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA, NY
    Posts
    718
    MK15.5, MK25

    Re: Booster Selection - Suggestions / Tip?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    they are far from Junk, but certainly not as good as a haskel. I have one of these for a backup booster, and my dive buddy uses his extensively.

    Respectfully disagree with you, they are junk. You'll see when yours fails as a few friends of mine have experienced. When boosting O2 as I'm sure you know, you want the best, period. You will find Haskles in dive shops, I have yet to see an HI in one. I'd say that's something to consider.
    Last edited by whynot?; 17th October 2018 at 01:18.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts