+ Reply to Thread

Thread: explain cardio health and deco to me

Hybrid View

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

explain cardio health and deco to me

I have often had my doubts as to the effects of cardio health on deco and decided to finally go public and see if someone can explain it in a way that might convince me.

I understand that the better shape my cardio system is in, the better it can carry blood to the tissues and thus carry the gasses out during deco. That is not my question.

It is my contention that if my cardio was crap then the flow of blood would also be lower during the on gassing parts of the dive in a manner that would slow the actual on gassing so that deco with the same crap cardio my off gassing would be effective enough to cope with it.

Seems logical to me. less on gassing means less need for off gassing. Just like the extremely fit diver will have this awesome cardio system that carrys the gas to his tissues very good and fast to increase the on gassing so he would need to off gas a lot more.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: explain cardio health and deco to me

I dont know if its related to blood flow, or the fact overall your body is just stronger and in better shape. I do know my dive buddy and I dove VPMb+2 for years without so much as a niggle, and Simon Mitchel says is due to physical conditioning. Now what physical conditioning means, can be very broad. I attribute it to more than just cardio health.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: explain cardio health and deco to me

I think all deco profiles make the assumption the ongassing phase and the offgassing phase are affected by the same amount of perfusion. This was a main topic of discussion WRT thermal stress http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/he...s?sf43667278=1

I think as long as the healthy diver doesn't binge on crispy creams during the dive, the offgassing rate should be fairly predictable.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

+ Reply to Thread