+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the potting compound used in the Liquivision X1 please?

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Question What is the potting compound used in the Liquivision X1 please?

I've just returned to diving after many years out. My VR£ POS had corroded to the point I couldn't even get the battery plug out. My Suunto Vyper told me I was at 11m on the surface and locked me out. The only computer that just keeps working for me is the X1!

On a recent dive trip, it was still 3/4 charged halfway through the week (6 dives) and would probably have done the rest of the week easily. After ten years, I'm quite happy with that. However, at some stage I'm sure even this trojan will need a new battery. I'm lucky in that I have some engineer friends I can call on to do the de-potting/new battery work but before I ask them, does anyone know what the potting compound used was please?

Many TIA!

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

Re: What is the potting compound used in the Liquivision X1 please?

30 years ago I had a first generation Aladin black. Told me I was back at 0 when I was still 12m under according to my buddy's depth gauge.

+ Reply to Thread