+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Calibrating sensors, how long before diving...

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Re: Calibrating sensors, how long before diving...

Quote Originally Posted by NickB  View Original Post
    Same here.

I've just returned from 10 weeks of diving in Scapa Flow and during that time I calibrated once - after swapping out my cells.

Calibrating every day can just mask issues with your cells. When I change my lime, I dry my head and look for the cells to read 0.21 in air. If they do that, what the hell is calibrating going to do for you?

Periodically, I will run my cells through my cell checker to confirm linearity up to 2 bar.

What he said

I probably re calibrate four or five times a year and that's it.

Ill always check cells the night before because if one is way out I have a lot more to check than just the cell.

RBW Member jvos is on a distinguished road jvos is on a distinguished road jvos's Avatar
    Apeks Meg

BMR500 IDA

I changed cells in my Meg in April. Calibrated then. It's been good ever since. Might need it pretty soon. Reading .18, .19, .19

RBW Member Concerned Diver is an unknown quantity at this point Concerned Diver's Avatar
    Prism II

Quote Originally Posted by Olsen DK  View Original Post
    The calibration kit for the Prism2 is this, please see attached.

It is basically a cover you install on the CCR head instead of the scrubber basket.
    and 2 plugs instead of the in & exhale hoses on the CCR head.

When you are performing the calibration of the censors you will use less than 5 bar on a 3 ltr bottle.
    Super smart calibration setup. can only recommend it.
    Thanks. Cool tip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3