+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to me, rEvo problem

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Re: New to me, rEvo problem

Quote Originally Posted by HaisaiMatt  View Original Post
    Don,

I think you're supposed to have a minimum of 4 independent sets of electronics, and 12 sensors in the revo. It may be more now, I haven't dove a revo in a while. This will eliminate the need for splitters.

When I had my revo I made a block based on the banna block the Kevin J designed (Optima). I put gold plated mini banana plugs on the electronics and made a harness for the sensors with tinned wire. I potted resistors inside the box so it was very robust. Solid connections and very flood resistant.

Cheers,
    Matt

Attachment 43577Attachment 43578

THAT is one of the coolest mods I've seen. Thanks for the props. We've had good luck with the Banana Plugs over a number of platforms. Makes the part that usually corrodes (the wire harness) disposable, and being solid brass (gold plated), the plugs are easily cleaned, reconditioned with some ProGold or DeOxit from Caig.

Awesome job, by the way - very clean installation!

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Don,

I think you're supposed to have a minimum of 4 independent sets of electronics, and 12 sensors in the revo. It may be more now, I haven't dove a revo in a while. This will eliminate the need for splitters.

When I had my revo I made a block based on the banna block the Kevin J designed (Optima). I put gold plated mini banana plugs on the electronics and made a harness for the sensors with tinned wire. I potted resistors inside the box so it was very robust. Solid connections and very flood resistant.

Cheers,
    Matt

That is extremely sexy, but more work than I am willing to attempt.

I custom made my splitters to split all cells 3 ways (2 Shearwater Predators and a Shearwater HUD), so repairing them is simple for me. I did another dive with it today, to search and recover my lost dive light, and everything is back up to snuff again. I did order new cells since I know it was a miracle that they survived the caustic and the fresh water rinse.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member Semaj is an unknown quantity at this point Semaj's Avatar
    rEvo III RMS

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I did order new cells since I know it was a miracle that they survived the caustic and the fresh water rinse.

I totally flooded my rEvo a few years ago (user error) and thought I stuffed all the cells, after a rinse in fresh water and drying them out they worked fine, I kept a close eye on them for the next few dives and noticed no issues, all 5 cells were cycled through the unit as normal.

Instructor dauntless_divers is an unknown quantity at this point dauntless_divers's Avatar
    Triton, Revo, Prism2, LAR V

Don,

Cheers,
    Matt

Oh my god take my money!!!

FNG mcglencoe is an unknown quantity at this point mcglencoe's Avatar
    Rubber Biscuit?

rEvo

That is really slick Matt, any more pics or info (mfg & part numbers) on that mod?

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

I have seem mV on my cell wires several times.
    Always came down to galvanic corrosion. Cutting the main cable back whee the individual cell wires are connected was the real only solution.

RBW Member techintime is an unknown quantity at this point techintime's Avatar
    Revo III micro FT RMS

That set up is sweet. My four year old Revo is starting to have problems with the wires to the molex connectors breaking off. A couple of the wires coming out of the molex connectors have fatigued and broken. Looks like you have found a better design. Who carries those parts?

Revo: Take note...how about designing a drop-in upgrade that accomplishes something similar.