+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebreather rental in Vancouver/Canada?

RBW Member Poltsi is an unknown quantity at this point Poltsi's Avatar
    Sentinel

Rebreather rental in Vancouver/Canada?

Hello,

I'm in the initial stage of planning a trip to Canada/Vancouver area (planned for June 2018) and looking for information on renting a rebreather (rEvo or Sentinel) + bailouts somewhere in the area.

Are there any dive center doing this?

I will be travelling with my wife (who does not dive) to the Canadian west coast for ~3 weeks, and lugging my dear Sentinel all the way from Finland is pretty much an overkill for a week of diving, which probably would be in God's Pocket¹, based on the glowing reviews it has received.

TIA for any advice/tips,

Poltsi

¹ https://www.godspocket.com/diving/

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Rebreather rental in Vancouver/Canada?

There is a greater population of rebreathers on Vancouver Island (where God's Pocket is) than on the mainland. I don't know of a single Sentinel diver in these parts let alone a rental facility. I could hook you up with a Meg or a Prism 2 which I'm afraid won't be much help to you.
    I wish you luck in your search.
    If you have time to come to Nanaimo for a meg or Prism 2 crossover class (3 days) I could hook you up with a rental unit.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Reviving threat because Poltsi cannot see it.

Supporting Member quietmike is an unknown quantity at this point quietmike's Avatar
    rEvo micro

Evolution+

We are heading up to Gods pocket in 2 weeks. We are taking our revos. I know a place in Courtney that is very rebreather friendly. Pacifc pro dive in Courtney. Not sure about rentals though. Talk to Bill there, he has always been help when I visited the area and hooked me up with dive buddies. We will be swinging by and will check out...if you can wait.

Good luck
    Mike
    Last edited by quietmike; 21st July 2017 at 22:07. Reason: Mis spell

Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by quietmike  View Original Post
    Not sure about rentals though. Talk to Bill there, he has always been help when I visited the area and hooked me up with dive buddies.
    Cool, thanks. Will def contact Bill ASAP.

wedivebc: Tempting, but no (see also: https://youtu.be/fVUdt0CPUwQ?t=498 and don't mind the pixie).

Poltsi

Sentinel

Alas Bill was not able to help with the rental of RB. They do have sorb for sale as well as RB-cylinders for rental, which is good to know.

Maybe need to *ahemm* reconsider the crossover option

Poltsi

+ Reply to Thread