+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golem Gear Bov

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Golem Gear Bov

I have the large older Golem Gear BOV (not the shrimp) and I would like to replace the one way valves. What I thought would be a 2 minute job is taking much longer. I purchased the same size valves from Apeks and I can not get the stem to go through the hole and lock. Does anyone know what company sells the one way valves for the Golem Gear Bov? Thank you or any assistance you can provide.

Bruce

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

Re: Golem Gear Bov

Weren't the Apex flapper valves replaced with a lower wob model?

RBW Member Dive!Dive! is on a distinguished road Dive!Dive! is on a distinguished road Dive!Dive!'s Avatar

Yes, they were. The original ( I believe Apeks) grey flappers had a very high WOB. I would definitely change for the newer (I believe Draeger) flappers - noting they used different holders.

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

The upgraded valves use Dräger mushroom valves in the new holders.
    the centre hole in the new holder is smaller than the one that held the
    old grey mushroom valves, what colour are your new and old mushroom
    valves?

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar

The ones that are in it that I want to replace are a Grayish color, The Apeks ones that I tried to put in that did not fit are black.

Bruce

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

Gray ones are the Apex originals.
    the upgrade are the draegers with different holders
    http://golemgear.com/p-399-replaceme...golem-bov.aspx

Gabe

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by andibk  View Original Post
    The ones that are in it that I want to replace are a Grayish color, The Apeks ones that I tried to put in that did not fit are black.

Bruce

What Gabe said but in my experience the Dreager replacements
    have a thinner stub than the grey original ones so would actually
    fall out of the original holders, seems strange!

Thanks greatly appreciate the help.
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread