+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loop Repair

RBW Member decostanza is an unknown quantity at this point decostanza's Avatar
    rEvoIII Ti

Loop Repair

My pinhole leak on my exhale side turned into an 1/8" tear and thus I'm sidelined until the replacement arrives. My question is, has anyone had success repairing a small tear/ hole in their loop with Aquaseal or some similar product?
    Don

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    XCCR, SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Re: Loop Repair

High stick Duct Tape covering the tear for a 1/2" in all directions on the inside, using a cold vulcanizing cement (like for bicycle inner tubes) on the tear and finishing off the job with a thin coat of Aquasure has worked for me in the past.

Michael

rEvoIII Ti

Thank you Michael for the suggestion...I will try that...

RBW Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I have used a small machine screw with flat washers on each side of the hose to create a temporary patch. I filled the center with silicone before installing the outer washer and nut to seal things up. It held for over 2 months and my buddies never even noticed it. You can be sneaky like I was and paint it black to hide it better.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I have used a small machine screw with flat washers on each side of the hose to create a temporary patch. I filled the center with silicone before installing the outer washer and nut to seal things up. It held for over 2 months and my buddies never even noticed it. You can be sneaky like I was and paint it black to hide it better.
    "Hey Don why does your loop have a black zit in the middle of it?"
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member fullytek is an unknown quantity at this point fullytek's Avatar
    megabastard

Rescue tape. No save a dive kit is complete without it
    Attached Images

rEvoIII Ti

Thanks everyone for your suggestions..I did some repair work on my fathers pool and he had some "flex-seal tape". Stuff was incredible for under the water repairs, but didn't think of using it on my loop until the comments here. Will try that with some aquaseal..

FNG mcglencoe is an unknown quantity at this point mcglencoe's Avatar
    Rubber Biscuit?

rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by fullytek  View Original Post
    Rescue tape. No save a dive kit is complete without it
    Great idea!

We carry that in our Offroad repair kits for the 4x4s, never thought about carrying some in The save-a-dive kit.

+ Reply to Thread