+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miflex hose wanted

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Miflex hose wanted

I know Miflex makes BC inflator hoses in 100cm/39" length. I see them on European sites in black and in blue (but not green). But no USA site I have tried has anything longer than 90cm/36". Is this one of those things where they contractually can't sell a particular hose? If anyone has a line on a 39 inch/100cm inflator hose, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

Re: Miflex hose wanted

Try Martin at Tecme. He makes any custom length and could probably do it in a color too.

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I know Miflex makes BC inflator hoses in 100cm/39" length. I see them on European sites in black and in blue (but not green). But no USA site I have tried has anything longer than 90cm/36". Is this one of those things where they contractually can't sell a particular hose? If anyone has a line on a 39 inch/100cm inflator hose, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Have you thought about getting a 100cm standard regulator hose and use a scubapro inflator fitting on the end? if you can't get one, let me know as I'm going to a store at Budapest that sells all colors/lenghts that miflex makes. (www.seawatch.hu)
    Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

sent from my Commodore 64 using Wizard of War....

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by rolanddiver  View Original Post
    Have you thought about getting a 100cm standard regulator hose and use a scubapro inflator fitting on the end? if you can't get one, let me know as I'm going to a store at Budapest that sells all colors/lenghts that miflex makes. (www.seawatch.hu)
    What he said.....

Ken... You can get the fitting at Diverite express and maybe even North East Scuba Supply...

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Thanks, but I want it without having to adapt a LP hose. I ended up ordering from N@90 on 7/4 because it wasn't a holiday there. Unfortunately they are out of stock. Oh well. I just have to wait. But it is still odd that the 95 and 100 cm lengths are stock items in Europe but are not sold here.
    Ken

Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member Kefrko is an unknown quantity at this point Kefrko's Avatar
    rEvo 3

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Thanks, but I want it without having to adapt a LP hose. I ended up ordering from N@90 on 7/4 because it wasn't a holiday there. Unfortunately they are out of stock. Oh well. I just have to wait. But it is still odd that the 95 and 100 cm lengths are stock items in Europe but are not sold here.
    Ken did you end up getting one from Europe? Im kind of in the same boat. Im reconfiguring some of the hoses and wanted to replace my O2 line from the first stage to the MAV block. My block has QD for O2 and Dil. I was considering switching the connection fittings with regulator hose connections. Is there a good reason to have one opposed to another? I see blocks are available for sale with either setup.

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

When I needed special length of hoses for my 2 homebuilts, I ended up buying a couple 210cm (that's the longest available) long Miflex hoses and cut them to the desired lenght. I had a bunch of older rubber LP hoses (mainly scubapro) that I no longer needed so I just cut off the ends. Machined some stainless steel 2cm long 1mm thick rings on th lathe and took the whole lot to a hydraulic repair shop to get the ends compressed. The guys were nice and did it for a few beers and I only had to promise that I won't use them for oxygen. I sworn that it would be for compressed air All hoses have been working fine for more than 4 years now. Just my two cents worth...
    Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

sent from my Commodore 64 using Wizard of War....

JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Kefrko  View Original Post
    Ken did you end up getting one from Europe? Im kind of in the same boat. Im reconfiguring some of the hoses and wanted to replace my O2 line from the first stage to the MAV block. My block has QD for O2 and Dil. I was considering switching the connection fittings with regulator hose connections. Is there a good reason to have one opposed to another? I see blocks are available for sale with either setup.
    I ended up moving some components around so that the 90cm ones available here would work. I use reg hoses when necessary for flow but prefer to use inflator hoses for other applications, like feeding a MAV.
    Ken

RBW Member chris375 is an unknown quantity at this point chris375's Avatar

You can get flex hoses in all lenght and colors here, even custom sizes are possible at one piece:
    http://www.xray-scuba.de/?cat=c8_Sch...chlaeuche.html
    Shipping to US is also not so expensive

+ Reply to Thread