+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meg 2.06 Head for Sale

RBW Member relax31 is an unknown quantity at this point relax31's Avatar
    Meg

Meg 2.06 Head for Sale

This APECS 2.06 Meg head has a few tiny hairline cracks in the lid around the pass-through fittings for the electronics, and is therefore being sold for parts only. The lid is still watertight (as of my last dive in Dec-17), but I do not recommend diving it as-is. According to ISC, the cracks are a common issue in older Megs and arise from the use of tapered fittings in the lid. I don’t know if they can be repaired. Last month (Dec-17), ISC quoted me a range of $1,900-2,200 to completely rebuild and upgrade the head to APECS 2.7, which would result in essentially a new head with very few of the original components remaining. ISC also told me that they have recently accumulated a large inventory of Meg 2.x parts and now plan to continue supporting these units for the foreseeable future. I’m selling this head because I bought the new Meg 15 head. My loss is your gain.

Aside from the cracks in the lid (not pictured because they are barely visible), the rest of the head and electronics are in excellent condition as you can see in the pictures below. This head is a good value as a source of parts for Meg 2.x divers, enterprising home-brew/DIY builders, someone willing to machine a new lid and/or someone looking for a “new” 2.7 head (through ISC rebuild) at a used price.

Recently-replaced parts include:
    • NEW HUD – JUST INSTALLED AND NEVER USED!
    • New O2 feed assembly with CEJN Quick Disconnect as of Aug-17.
    • New Primary & Secondary handset magnetic buttons as of Aug-17.
    • New sensor carriage wiring harness, with gold molex contacts, as of Jan-17. Sensor carriage can be disconnected from head. This makes it much easier to dry your sensors out during those multi-day trips. It’s easy to undo this customization with some wire and a little solder.
    • New Primary & Secondary handset lenses as of Jan-16. They have light scratches that do not affect display readability, are not visible underwater, and are not located in the active areas of the displays.
    • JAKSA solenoid rebuilt in Apr-14.

Price is $1,000 OBO plus actual shipping. I prefer to sell the whole head to one buyer but will consider parting it out if there are offers for multiple components. Sensors not included. PM me with any questions. Serious buyers only, please.
    Attached Images

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Re: Meg 2.06 Head for Sale

I have sent you a PM with an offer.

Meg

Still available

Meg

Sold! Thanks to everyone who expressed interest.

+ Reply to Thread