+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pathfinder/Meg servicing

RBW Member Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060's Avatar
    Pathfinder

Pathfinder/Meg servicing

My Pathie is closing in on 5 years old. I was wondering what ISC does when it performs a "service" on a MEG/Pathfinder (aside from the first stage regulators). Is it just as simple as cleaning and replacing all o-rings?

Unfortunately, sending my unit into ISC is not possible so I will have to figure out how to service it myself if anything needs to be done.

Thanks!

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: Pathfinder/Meg servicing

Lance Robb can service it. Its basically replace all o rings, check operation, inspect everything. Replace worn parts.

RBW Member Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060's Avatar
    Pathfinder

I have moved to the USA East Coast, so I am sadly quite far from Australia and my beloved big blue sea... I would like to avoid shipping things back there. Is it customary with Meg's to replace all the o-rings similar to a Poseidon or are only worn ones replaced as they need it?

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

As I recall, Dave Sut ton is ISC trained for service... Hes in the Newark Area.

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Pressure pot is important...also don't forget to check/ replace controllers displays with time they crack on the bolts creating water leaks to the inside.

RBW Member systematic.entropy is an unknown quantity at this point systematic.entropy's Avatar
    Megalodon

I was always told that the Meg was "service as needed", not sure if the Pathfinder was designed differently.

That being said, every five years or so, I still do replace all the o-rings on my Meg. O-rings are cheap and it's a good excuse to clean out all the nooks and crannies. As long as it's being used regularly, I don't see any reason to service anything else on it.

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

What I do... I just helped a friend clean up a Pathfinder, though I am a Meg diver it is very similar except the Pathfinder is easier.

You can get the red silicon O rings from ISC, or any supplier. Replacing those on the loop is a small matter. The large can O rings are best obtained from ISC.

Similarly the adv is a breeze to dismantle and the o rings are easily replaced. Probably you have done this.

There is a shraeder valve in the adv that should be examined for function. These rarely fail.

Electric connections are best cleaned using deoxit. Any fuzzy wuzzies on the electric plugs will melt away with this stuff. I check these frequently.

Often neglected is the solenoid. This too is easy to get at. Often a bit of rust collects in there. I think it is because of the O2. You can find you tube video on this service.

Use good quality silicon grease.

The o rings under the loop connections can be replaced but they are captured and last a very long time.

Drop me a line if you want to hear more. I think I have some Pathfinder pics. Easy peasy. If you wish you can use Tribolube as it is O2 compatible. I don't think it matters much as the O2 is low pressure by the time it gets to the head.
    Attached Images

RBW Member Acetyl-coa is an unknown quantity at this point Acetyl-coa's Avatar
    ISC Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    What I do... I just helped a friend clean up a Pathfinder, though I am a Meg diver it is very similar except the Pathfinder is easier.

You can get the red silicon O rings from ISC, or any supplier. Replacing those on the loop is a small matter. The large can O rings are best obtained from ISC.

Similarly the adv is a breeze to dismantle and the o rings are easily replaced. Probably you have done this.

There is a shraeder valve in the adv that should be examined for function. These rarely fail.

Electric connections are best cleaned using deoxit. Any fuzzy wuzzies on the electric plugs will melt away with this stuff. I check these frequently.

Often neglected is the solenoid. This too is easy to get at. Often a bit of rust collects in there. I think it is because of the O2. You can find you tube video on this service.

Use good quality silicon grease.

The o rings under the loop connections can be replaced but they are captured and last a very long time.

Drop me a line if you want to hear more. I think I have some Pathfinder pics. Easy peasy. If you wish you can use Tribolube as it is O2 compatible. I don't think it matters much as the O2 is low pressure by the time it gets to the head.
    Thx for infos !

I just sent you a email.

RBW Member peter25330 is an unknown quantity at this point peter25330's Avatar

Send it to ISC direct. The labor rate is super cheap and they have a fast turn around i you want them to look at it you can't go wrong for peace of mind. You can find stories online of people saying they are certified by ISC but they are not and just end up messing it up.

+ Reply to Thread