+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Monitoring HP O2 or dill with perdix

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

Monitoring HP O2 or dill with perdix

Is anyone out their monitoring the O2 or dil with the perdix or other gas integrated computers - any thoughts - issue - I am thinking I could plumb it into my O2 rather than have the HP hose.

Anyone tried this - only issues I can see is when setting up my unit I would need to have the computer on and linked in to the HP unit; also clearly the use of the O2 would be slow - not sure if this would show an error on the computer - looking for practical experiences and whether this is just more hassle than it is worth...

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

Re: Monitoring HP O2 or dill with perdix

Becky Schott wrote an article about using the Perdix and transmitters on her Meg.

She had dil on left and o2 on right. It is a pretty slick setup. One issue would be weather or not to use button gauges to confirm the Perdix and know your starting pressures.

With a DS4 though and a single HP port, it may be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wol  View Original Post
    Is anyone out their monitoring the O2 or dil with the perdix or other gas integrated computers - any thoughts - issue - I am thinking I could plumb it into my O2 rather than have the HP hose.

Anyone tried this - only issues I can see is when setting up my unit I would need to have the computer on and linked in to the HP unit; also clearly the use of the O2 would be slow - not sure if this would show an error on the computer - looking for practical experiences and whether this is just more hassle than it is worth...

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

If Becky's trials come through with positive results, this may be enough for me to upgrade my Petrel.

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

I believe she was about 20 hours in.

Now the comments got interesting. Lots of what it's. Her primary purpose was to help with her photography as she doesn't need to look away from a computer.

Now if there was a way to get it into the NERD... that would be sweet.

RBW Member kierentec is an unknown quantity at this point kierentec's Avatar
    HH, Optima, rEvo, Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by haaginheimer  View Original Post

Now if there was a way to get it into the NERD... that would be sweet.
    As I understand it, you can run a NERD controller on the X-CCR and have HP monitoring on the NERD. Haven't seen it done yet, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by kierentec  View Original Post
    As I understand it, you can run a NERD controller on the X-CCR and have HP monitoring on the NERD. Haven't seen it done yet, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's interesting Jon. I was told that only the rEvo could have the NERD as a controller and that it was by special agreement with Shearwater. But we all know that 90% of what we hear and read online is true while the other 90% is BS.

As for using AI for onboard tanks, I would just ask the people considering the upgrade to be aware of how often they actually look at their SPGs during a dive. It might be a neat feature, but I personally think it is overrated in utility. I went to button gauges on all my rebreathers and haven't missed the ability to check tank pressure during a dive.

Just my opinion. Worth every cent you paid for it.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

KISS GEM (modified)

Right. I did see the new monitoring on the handset only.

Wonder if shearwater will work that into the next round of the nerd. That would be great for low viz and make Full Face Mask with CCR a little easier

KISS GEM (modified)

Photo credit to Becky on it. That's her display.
    Attached Images

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

If it was integrated into the Petrel controller, it would be even sweeter.

m

RBW Member Concerned Diver is an unknown quantity at this point Concerned Diver's Avatar
    Prism II

Love that set up. Definitely need to look more into this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast