+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Monitoring HP O2 or dill with perdix

RBW Member DaleHawerchuck is an unknown quantity at this point DaleHawerchuck's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Re: Monitoring HP O2 or dill with perdix

Been running it for a few months now (wireless) While I agree it is totally a gadget not a really necessary thing, it has some advantages:

1. You can take off these front mounted gauges.
    2. Two less hoses that can leak.
    3. Roll off detection. This actually happened to me once.
    4. During real BOOM experience, these could truly save you a few precious seconds to locate the leak.

On the other hand yes it's more batteries to monitor and maintain. Also, the most annoying thing about them if you are using them on a CCR (transmitters bit further), you will most likely temporarily loose signal while scootering.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RBW Member Kefrko is an unknown quantity at this point Kefrko's Avatar
    rEvo 3

Quote Originally Posted by DaleHawerchuck  View Original Post
    Been running it for a few months now (wireless) While I agree it is totally a gadget not a really necessary thing, it has some advantages:

1. You can take off these front mounted gauges.
    2. Two less hoses that can leak.
    3. Roll off detection. This actually happened to me once.
    4. During real BOOM experience, these could truly save you a few precious seconds to locate the leak.

On the other hand yes it's more batteries to monitor and maintain. Also, the most annoying thing about them if you are using them on a CCR (transmitters bit further), you will most likely temporarily loose signal while scootering.

Did you locate an O2 clean transmitter or did you just use two from shearwater?

RBW Member DaleHawerchuck is an unknown quantity at this point DaleHawerchuck's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Kefrko  View Original Post
    Did you locate an O2 clean transmitter or did you just use two from shearwater?
    Got Oceanic ones, O2 clean.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by DaleHawerchuck  View Original Post
    Got Oceanic ones, O2 clean.

I very well may be wrong, but I'm looking for reference that stated they were not O2 clean. I'd be happy to be wrong...!

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Yet another reason I like Shearwater: quick replies even on Saturday!

IMG_3234.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Hi,

when used for onboard tanks the transmitter is worst case around ~1.5 m away from the Perdix AI.
    Are there any connection issues reported?

Regards,
    Scotty

RBW Member Kefrko is an unknown quantity at this point Kefrko's Avatar
    rEvo 3

Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    Hi,

when used for onboard tanks the transmitter is worst case around ~1.5 m away from the Perdix AI.
    Are there any connection issues reported?

Regards,
    Scotty
    Since my last post back in January, I am now running two shearwater transmitters to monitor O2 and Dil pressures via my Nerd 2. When I first hooked the transmitters to short 6” hoses (they wouldn’t screw directly into the rEvo regs) I did seem to have some problems with loss of connection. Not sure if it was the distance, the amount of metal that the signal would need to pass thru or a combination of the two. I ended up using slightly longer hoses and routing them up to where my weight tray sits at the top of my unit. I got some time in Florida to dive it that way. I never lost a signal and I love it.
    Last edited by Kefrko; 29th March 2018 at 20:26.

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Thank you, so I would not get rid completely of HP hoses ...

Evolution+

Evolution

I'm comfortable enough with Shearwater, that I bought another transmitter for the dil.

RBW Member beldridg is an unknown quantity at this point beldridg's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro hCCR + rMS

Quote Originally Posted by Kefrko  View Original Post
    Since my last post back in January, I am now running two shearwater transmitters to monitor O2 and Dil pressures via my Nerd 2. When I first hooked the transmitters to short 6” hoses (they wouldn’t screw directly into the rEvo regs) I did seem to have some problems with loss of connection. Not sure if it was the distance, the amount of metal that the signal would need to pass thru or a combination of the two. I ended up using slightly longer hoses and routing them up to where my weight tray sits at the top of my unit. I got some time in Florida to dive it that way. I never lost a signal and I love it.
    I'm planning to do this as well. Did you use 24" HP hoses from Miflex? I measured and it looks like 18" would be perfect, but they don't make them that size.

Thanks,

- brett

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast