+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hollis Discontinuing Rebreathers?

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Hollis Discontinuing Rebreathers?

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    You should also offer your instructors a money back guarantee that if the unit is no longer being made 3 years after they became certified to teach on it, they will get a 100% refund of the costs incurred in becoming an instructor for that unit.

Michael
    If you haven't recovered the cost of becoming a CCR instructor 3 years after you certified, you aren't much of an instructor.

Also people will still want certification on discontinued rebreathers all the time. I had an inquiry from someone wanting a Draeger Dolphin class recently.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member cmra914 is an unknown quantity at this point cmra914's Avatar

For your information, Hollis will begin shipping orders for new P2 and explorers in 90 days, this is according to Nick Hollis.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Maybe they are finally learning some of the first rules of business:

If it isn't better than a JJ, Liberty, XCCR don't bother making it.
    If you insist on making it anyway, it has to be a hell of a lot cheaper.

You should also offer your instructors a money back guarantee that if the unit is no longer being made 3 years after they became certified to teach on it, they will get a 100% refund of the costs incurred in becoming an instructor for that unit.

Michael
    I don't know where you come up with this stuff. So long as only you believe it... great!
    Chett. L

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    I don't know where you come up with this stuff. So long as only you believe it... great!
    Thats Ok Chett, as long as you advocate charging a potential instructor thousands to be able to instruct on a 2 bit rebreather that can't compete with other RBs on the market, has no customer base, and doesn't stand a chance of staying on the market - that's your problem.

Most instructors I know don't have 20K and the time to waste, on a business opportunity that bad.

In order to succeed in this market you need a superior product, good pricing, great dealer network, 1st class service, a loyal customer base and the financial security to survive the first few years.
    If you can't show all that, or a good way to work around it, you're doomed to failure. If you are lying to yourself in your business plan, you are also doomed.

Michael

RBW Member Olsen DK is an unknown quantity at this point Olsen DK's Avatar
    Prism2

Dräger Ray

Thats Ok Chett, as long as you advocate charging a potential instructor thousands to be able to instruct on a 2 bit rebreather that can't compete with other RBs on the market, has no customer base, and doesn't stand a chance of staying on the market - that's your problem.

Michael
    Hmmm find it a bit hard statement regarding the P2 you are using. I am the very happy owner of a P2 and must admit that it actually works very well.
    Lets face it there are as such no bad breathers on the market. There are personal favorites and hate objects but no bad breathers.
    Could be fun to hear why you believe the P2 is such a piece of cr...... (2 bit breather) and the others mentioned are so great??????

Only issue regarding the P2 in Europe is spare parts. But HEY internet has arrived even as far north as Denmark and Norway and then there are no issues at all (or at lest I have not had any yet!!!!!!!).

Regarding Instructors and their investment. Dos any of the other (and obviously much better breathers) manufactures/training agencies provide this guarantee????

Soren

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cmra914  View Original Post
    For your information, Hollis will begin shipping orders for new P2 and explorers in 90 days, this is according to Nick Hollis.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    After waiting for weeks & weeks for annual service kits, I'm of the mindset, "I'll believe it when I see it."

m

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

Why else would Huish want Hollis, if not for the rebreathers? The only other new things Hollis brings to the Huish lineup besides the Explorer and Prism 2 is their sidemount BCDs.

m

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Most instructors I know don't have 20K and the time to waste, on a business opportunity that bad.
    I've only been a Hollis instructor for about 4 years and have certified about 30 divers on the unit. You do the math...

It took me a bit longer to do the same on the meg which IMHO is a better rebreather but not as well marketed.

And I can assure you it didn't cost 20k to become an instructor unless you count the cost of the unit, which is ridiculous.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Richard Huntrods sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

Usually when someone starts really trashing a unit, there are a few really clear reasons:

- the person has had a horrible experience with the unit. We usually hear about that.

- the person has had a horrible experience with customer service for the unit with either a dealer or with the manufacturer. We usually hear endlessly about these cases.

- the person has some vested interest in another unit. Sometimes we hear about it but usually there is nothing but silence surrounding the vested interest.

Be interesting to know which is the case here.
    Last edited by sunnyboy; 16th June 2017 at 18:10. Reason: correction

RBW Member Pat O'Brien is an unknown quantity at this point Pat O'Brien's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Just had this emailed to me, I guess we now know there real plans.

Hollis Rebreathers LLC is pleased to announce its recent acquisition of the Hollis Rebreather product line from American Underwater Products (AUP).

The company’s team members are excited to begin operations, and will utilize a staged approach to production and service of the Hollis Rebreathers. As of July 15, we will begin shipments of available Prism 2 and Explorer parts. By August 15th, we expect first availability of new Prism 2 units, including factory services for both units as well as information on LSS upgrade services. During this time, available parts will be limited but we expect by August to have complete availability of spare parts for both units. To ensure ease of service, the company has entered into an agreement with Huish Outdoors that will allow Hollis Rebreathers LLC to focus on its core rebreather business while leveraging many of Huish’s worldwide distribution channels and Hollis brand sales representatives, simplifying order processing and servicing.

Every effort to accommodate warranty services will be made, however, in many cases the warranties provided under American Underwater Products will be deemed non-transferrable. In these cases, Hollis Rebreathers LLC will offer substantially discounted service rates, combined with full unit inspections and an opportunity to acquire an extended service package to ensure reliable operation of your Prism 2 rebreather for years to come.

Hollis Rebreathers LLC is a newly-formed Wyoming limited liability company affiliated with but operated independently of Huish Outdoors with North American operations out of a shared facility within Huish Outdoors’ headquarters in Salt Lake City, UT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast