+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: rEvo Tank Cam Bands

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Re: rEvo Tank Cam Bands

Quote Originally Posted by Nicool  View Original Post
    I must confess i also put a moisture absorber in exhale lung, i have been always doing this and so does my wife.
    A rEvo instructor told us it wasn't recommended practice for about the reasons you've mentioned Paul, so we took them out, but given the amount of water that we could retrieve in the exhale lung after, say, a 2/3 hours dive, that concerned us and we put back the absorbant (although we cut it down to half-size of the inhale lung absorbant, to reduce its cluttering impact).

When i squeeze that absorbant after a 2/3 hours dive, i see quite some water pouring out.
    Wouldn't this bring any issue Paul?
    Also when i do 2 shallow dives in a day with not much time between and/or not a good environment to leave the unit open, i let the unit closed in between. In this context as well, i wouldn't be too comfortable leaving the exhale lung with that amount of water in, but maybe i am concerning myself for nothing here?

I now know and understand Pauls point on why to not put one there....but every single one of the dozen+ revo divers that I dive with.....all put one in the exhale lung to catch slobber and the minor amount of water that gets past the mouth on a long, long dive.

RBW Member Semaj is an unknown quantity at this point Semaj's Avatar
    rEvo III RMS

I also put a moisture absorbent in the exhale lung for a few years, did not notice any effect on the work of breathing, but found the oxygen and dil tubes were too cramped and ended up getting kinked. I now no longer use an absorbent in the exhale lung.

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Interestingly enough, my rEvo is currently at the factory for service and they found a small leak in exhale counterlung, which i was kindof expecting but not fully sure, since positive/negative tests were ok.
    With that leak fixed, i'll certainly have much less water in counterlung, meaning i'll give another try at diving without absorbant in that lung.

Cheers
    Nicolas

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

RBW Member macado is an unknown quantity at this point macado's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini-Aquaseal Edition

Update: Cams bands work pretty well. I was switching back and forth from 3L steels to AL13s. I just need to trim the cam band straps a little more.

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Quote Originally Posted by macado  View Original Post
    Update: Cams bands work pretty well. I was switching back and forth from 3L steels to AL13s. I just need to trim the cam band straps a little more.

Interesting, are these home made or the rEvo ones?

RBW Member macado is an unknown quantity at this point macado's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini-Aquaseal Edition

Sorry I should have mentioned these are the home-made ones that Don Six created.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3