+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warm water CCR diver always looking for a buddy

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Warm water CCR diver always looking for a buddy

Hello all, I normally dive with my wife, but she is not always available as she has a restrictive work schedule. I live in New York, so I am always willing to travel to someplace warm to dive. I prefer the Pacific to the Caribbean, but am well traveled in both areas as I have been diving since 1996 and rebreather diving since 1998. I like wildlife a little more than wrecks, I'm very good at planning, logistics and dealing with cranky captains. I'm self employed and can generally manage a trip anytime with proper planning, except Christmas. I hope to dive with some of you soon! -Andy

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Re: Warm water CCR diver always looking for a buddy

Come winter I'll be looking forward to warmer waters for my first topaz as well (She's currently lonely waiting in my apartment in cozumel with a cache of 4/8 sorb). I have a bad habit of lugging a dslr with me but otherwise have few annoying habits beyond being a youngster breather diver.

Do you get into the St. Laurence river ever in the summer? It's 700 miles south of me but I come down occasionally. I'd have sorb and my second topaz on the Canadian side.

Cameron
    Last edited by Sparedone; 2nd June 2017 at 05:07.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Sparedone  View Original Post
    Come winter I'll be looking forward to warmer waters for my first topaz as well (She's currently lonely waiting in my apartment in cozumel with a cache of 4/8 sorb). I have a bad habit of lugging a dslr with me but otherwise have few annoying habits beyond being a youngster breather diver.

Do you get into the St. Laurence river ever in the summer? It's 700 miles south of me but I come down occasionally. I'd have sorb and my second topaz on the Canadian side.

Cameron
    Hi Cameron, thanks for the invite. I haven't been to the St Laurence in a while, could be up for it again. What's your favorite time of year to dive there? -Andy

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hi Cameron, thanks for the invite. I haven't been to the St Laurence in a while, could be up for it again. What's your favorite time of year to dive there? -Andy
    It's a trade-off between warmer (subjectively) waters and visibility. Soon for visibility or towards August for warmth.
    It's not the southern destinations you're looking for I realize.

Cameron

RBW Member FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler's Avatar
    Optima

I'm heading for a week to Cozumel late July, should be nice and warm.

Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by FergusButler  View Original Post
    I'm heading for a week to Cozumel late July, should be nice and warm.
    Hi Fergus, good to know, still trying to find a Pacific destination that won't bankrupt me. Aee you diving with Deep Exposure?

Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Sparedone  View Original Post
    It's a trade-off between warmer (subjectively) waters and visibility. Soon for visibility or towards August for warmth.
    It's not the southern destinations you're looking for I realize.

Cameron
    I thought the visibility was pretty decent the time I went in September. What operation do you like to dive with there?

PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

I thought the visibility was pretty decent the time I went in September. What operation do you like to dive with there?
    I get out on Ron McDonald's boat with the seaway valley divers. Hands off, dive your plan kind of boat.

If you come across a non bankrupting Pacific destination I'm all ears.

Regards,
    Cameron

P.s. if someone needs economical 4-8 sorb for something, pm me, I can recommend a source. Deep exposure has been good to me over the winter but 8-12 with import pricing is beyond my pay grade.
    Last edited by Sparedone; 6th June 2017 at 02:38.

RBW Member FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler's Avatar
    Optima

Hi Fergus, good to know, still trying to find a Pacific destination that won't bankrupt me. Aee you diving with Deep Exposure?
    yes I am, Don is planning on being there.

+ Reply to Thread