+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LAR VII to BOB

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

LAR VII to BOB

Just picked up a brand new LARVII complete with manual and full parts kit in original case. Steel and aluminum bottles as well. Temped to give it a few dives and turn it over but its so simple, compact, and light I've started considering the bob route with it. Initially I thought I was getting a Combi which is already plumbed for a second bottle but mine is the standard LARVII version A. I picked up a White Arrow SDV3 recently which is a chest mount/ side mount deco breather. It came with (2) p port cell holders with fischer connections. I figured I could use 1 of them to plumb into the counter lung as well as a dil bottle and mav. Iv heard rumblings of these conversions before and came across this break down on the rebreathersite.
    http://www.therebreathersite.nl/13_I...ailout_ccr.htm
    Not sure if the DMD (dynamic mixing device) is some sort of electronic mixer or just a mav? But apparently the 2 designs based on the LAR configs worked out. Id rather find an aftermarket counter lung and keep the original as is and my biggest concern is the difficulty in obtaining parts. Flame retardant suit is on. Lets hear it.

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

Re: LAR VII to BOB

no flaming here a lar is a great bob , was going to sell mine but thank god I changed my mind ....as a matter of fact im looking for a counter lung also if someone has one ....steve

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Re: LAR VII to BOB

Does anyone have info on rebuilding the drager valves? I have 1 with an exposed slot and 3 that have caps I cant figure how to get off. The valves are on the bottle pretty tight and there isnt anywhere to get a wrench on tight to take them off. Tap with a rubber mallet? Also any instructions on rebuilding the dsv?
    When I dove this thing I noticed it had to be pretty loose on my chest to breath reasonably but made for a lot of shifting while moving around. Didn't breath quite as smooth as I had thought. I am using 812 sofnolime instead of the recommended Dive Sorb Pro but expected a better wob. Maybe positioning or??
    Also there is a bungee on the bottom of the lung. Is that just for hanging for drying or is suppose to be wrapped around something?
    Any help is appreciated!
    20170703_110819.jpg20170703_111638.jpg20170703_111652.jpg20170703_111703.jpg
    Last edited by AQUANOMAD; 3rd July 2017 at 22:30.

+ Reply to Thread