+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dualscrubber + RMS safe than other...?

Dualscrubber + RMS safe than other...?

Hi everybody,

one question for RMS system. So, a lot of person say that the dual scrubber and the rms system is safer than other systems. For this system you don't need an BOV. If I have an channeling in the first scrubber, how I cann see this problem on the shearwater? Is it right that the RST goes rapidly down? Had anyone experience with that?

Best,

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Re: Dualscrubber + RMS safe than other...?

A rapidly reducing RST needs further investigation on a case by case basis as the causes may be varied. There is no one answer.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

A rapidly reducing rst means aboard the dive for me , but when you can see the rst go down this also means you have time to decide to stay on the loop a little more or go to BO

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

RBW Member Semaj is an unknown quantity at this point Semaj's Avatar
    rEvo III RMS

[QUOTE] one question for RMS system. So, a lot of person say that the dual scrubber and the rms system is safer than other systems. For this system you don't need an BOV. If I have an channeling in the first scrubber, how I cann see this problem on the shearwater? Is it right that the RST goes rapidly down? Had anyone experience with that? [Quote]

I don't know about not needing a BOV I certainly use one with my rEvo RMS.

I have experienced a rapidly falling RST/ RCT, it was on a partly used scrubber, at the start of a planned shallow dive I had 50 minutes of RCT, during the dive glancing at my shearwater a number of times the RCT dropped quickly to 30-20-10minutes over the course of around 5 minutes, I then ended the dive and surfaced.

When I investigated the issue I found that the top scrubber I was using, when it had been in the bottom position the RCT had been exceeded so a portion of that bottom scrubber had been used and should have dumped it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj  View Original Post

I have experienced a rapidly falling RST/ RCT, it was on a partly used scrubber, at the start of a planned shallow dive I had 50 minutes of RCT, during the dive glancing at my shearwater a number of times the RCT dropped quickly to 30-20-10minutes over the course of around 5 minutes, I then ended the dive and surfaced.

When I investigated the issue I found that the top scrubber I was using, when it had been in the bottom position the RCT had been exceeded so a portion of that bottom scrubber had been used and should have dumped it then.

Okay that was the question, what doing the rEvo or RMS if I have a fail on the first scrubber.
    If the RST are reducing the time it could be a different cause one, that is clear.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Your comment about not needing a BOV makes no sense. A BOV is used for bailout. There are many more reasons to bail out than scrubber breakthrough. The dual scrubber may reduce the probability of scrubber breakthrough, but does not mean that bailout would not be necessary for some other reason. The choice to use a BOV or not has nothing to do with the dual scrubber.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

I have a rEvo and like it a lot . My rEvo is not RMS. The dual scrubber is one of the features that first attracted me to the design and my opinion has not changed.

Whilst there are many advantages to the dual scrubber, the scrubber rotation scheme does open up a route for user error that does not exist with other rebreathers. A user could erroneously rotate the scrubbers in the wrong direction.

Martin Michel Tinu is an unknown quantity at this point Tinu's Avatar
    rEvo micro exp, RMS + NERD

rEvo standard

Dualscrubber -> it's safer:
    • when the 1st canister has a breaktrouh (upper/exhale side), then the 2nd will absorb the CO2
    • most user on rEvo replaces the lime when in doubt more often, because it's just the half of the hole lime
    • even when a user rotates the wrong way, he has a fresh scrubber in the loop
    RMS -> it's safer:
    • When something in the scrubber is not ok, you see it when the RCT / RST is dropping faster than expected
    Last edited by Tinu; 2nd June 2017 at 12:52.

+ Reply to Thread