+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: All about the compromises

RBW Member macado is an unknown quantity at this point macado's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini-Aquaseal Edition

Re: All about the compromises

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    I am on my 5th rEvo and have 100's of dives on the unit. Never a problem with counterlung and overall no major issues! In my opinion, this is the most reliable unit of all that I dive.
    With all due respect..if you've had 5 different rEvo you may not have time enough to have counterlung leaks/issues.

Having said that, I do think it's a moot point. Aquaseal / Tear Aid works

To the OP, I'm very happy with the reliability of my rEvo. People will tell me that I bought into "marketing" but I like the dual scrubbers and redundant electronics, 5 cells. These are the primary features that drove me to the rEvo.

There is no perfect unit, as has been stated many times over. Many units have flaws and strengths.

kwinter's post had a good point about a bunch of considerations.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by macado  View Original Post
    With all due respect..if you've had 5 different rEvo you may not have time enough to have counterlung leaks/issues.

Having said that, I do think it's a moot point. Aquaseal / Tear Aid works

To the OP, I'm very happy with the reliability of my rEvo. People will tell me that I bought into "marketing" but I like the dual scrubbers and redundant electronics, 5 cells. These are the primary features that drove me to the rEvo.

There is no perfect unit, as has been stated many times over. Many units have flaws and strengths.

kwinter's post had a good point about a bunch of considerations.

With all due respect.....it also says something about the reliable manufacturing.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    With all due respect.....it also says something about the reliable manufacturing.
    This is being said in humor, please do not think I am serious.

.......or you could still be trying to find one that works right.........

I just could not resist the urge any longer.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    ...victims...
    Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    don't be a d1ck
    :) ok, sorry, I was just playing.

More seriously, and I'm sure this argument's already been had ad nauseum but it's one more to add to your list of comparison points:

How user serviceable is the unit? And do you care?

By way of example, my AP Classic has never been for a trip back to Cornwall since I bought it coming up four years ago although it's had three handset replacements and a couple of cell connector changes in that time. As opposed to my mate's brand new vision that's been back twice in that time - not a cheap proposition given the cost of shipping from Australia.

Our instructor, when we were getting started, looked at him with his shiny vision and me with my crusty classic and announced we'd each got the appropriate unit because my mate hates tinkering and I live for it.

On that basis, if a manufacturer told me I couldn't service a part on my rebreather then I would probably replace that part with something I could service. I'm glad, in this respect, that I went cheap with the classic over the vision because I'd be SOL if one of those died on me.

Another thing to consider: does it have a built-in, non removable Lithium battery? Because hello flight restrictions.

RBW Member Semaj is an unknown quantity at this point Semaj's Avatar
    rEvo III RMS

A rEvo will never need to go back to the factory in Belgium, all the electronic bits are plug and play and are user replaceable, any major stuff like counter lung replacement can be done at a local service centre if ever needed.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj  View Original Post
    A rEvo will never need to go back to the factory in Belgium, all the electronic bits are plug and play and are user replaceable, any major stuff like counter lung replacement can be done at a local service centre if ever needed.
    In Oz, that means Melbourne. Which, from WA (Wait Awhile), means it might as well be back to Belgium in terms of freight costs and delays.
    ;)

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

What happens when you take your rEvo into the bush. Pictured is a giant pacific slug that has crawled into the counter lung of a rEvo that was left open to air out.

The poor little guy went on a five hour dive in a cave up here including about 90 min of deco. When released it was not moving very fast, but appeared well.

We had to take the box apart to effect the rescue. For sure a pain but doable even though we were working on the ground in the bush.

There is something to be said for counterlungs that can be effectively cleaned of whatever might crawl into or grow in them.
    Attached Images

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    What happens when you take your rEvo into the bush. Pictured is a giant pacific slug that has crawled into the counter lung of a rEvo that was left open to air out.

The poor little guy went on a five hour dive in a cave up here including about 90 min of deco. When released it was not moving very fast, but appeared well.

We had to take the box apart to effect the rescue. For sure a pain but doable even though we were working on the ground in the bush.

There is something to be said for counterlungs that can be effectively cleaned of whatever might crawl into or grow in them.
    Good to know our good old gradient factors also work for giant pacific slugs :D
    Or was it feeling itchy? :D :D :D

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

After having owned an inspo classic i have decided to build my own. Shipping back to a mfg is not a problem. I just walk out to my garage...However it didn't miss a beat in four years. Knock on wood it stays that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

sent from my Commodore 64 using Wizard of War....

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    .... Pictured is a giant pacific slug that has crawled into the counter lung of a rEvo that was left open to air out....

nice picture!

...but the slug is not in the counterlung, but outside of the loop, under the counterlung.
    (so not related to keep the loop closed or not during the night)

I cannot yet see how it got into that place
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...