+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sf2

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Sf2

Can anyone lend some info on what the WOB is like, in All positions and also can you get Radial scrubbers for them? Thanks

Train Wrecked Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive's Avatar
    rEvo hccr

KISS CLASSIC

Re: Sf2

Just finished up my cross over from Revo

441 mins on my SF2 course and I can't honestly say there is a different to me on the WOB between the two.

There is a bit more hydrostatic load in the upright position making it harder to breath. But then again my revo breathes like a piece of shit upright too. On the SF you had to be a bit more mindful when jumping in off the boat. Take a big breath in before jumping straight in so that counter lung doesn't slam you with gas.

But in an over all personal thought. Not a bit of difference between my Revo and it.

Now take that with a grain of salt as I now only have limited time and dives on it outside of a pool now. I was going diving on it again tomorrow but the weather has the lake and the river kicked up pretty bad right now.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

The trim is beautiful, even for ME. I might even go so far as to say head heavy if over inflating the CL. Breathing kinda sucks if head up but all other positions were fine and much better than I was ever expecting. Very streamlined and simple machine. the build and tear down is extremely fast and rivals the rEvo in this manner. Obviously with SW, the electronics rock too.

I told James that I was extremely skeptical about the breathing due to where the CL was, and was convinced that it had to breathe like crap. A little perspective but remember this is my opinion since I am not some fancy machine and I am not trying to bash another unit. I found the breathing to be extremely similar in effort required to my rEvo with the exception of Heads up where the rEvo was notably better. I find that the breathing effort required with my Defender was notably less though, in all positions. there was not any extreme differences but the SF-2 does breathe DIFFERENT than any of the other units I have used (Dolphin, Optima, Revo, Defender). I did not make any comparison to the Optima because it has been several years since I used one.

I have really been trying to figure out what the DIFFERENCE is in how the SF2 breathes. It has been bugging me. I finally wrapped my head around it from my experience in building my BOB. At first it only had 1 CL and was fine with volume until it was inside the shell, it breathed DIFFERENT until I was forced to put in a second CL. That is the best way I can describe it. Anyone with single CL experience can probably understand the subtle DIFFERENCE.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Currently the only available scrubber is the standard axial provided with the unit. Approx 5.5lbs and packs very easily.

As mentioned above, you will notice a difference in breathing compared to some other units and the SF2 is more subject to hydrostatic loading, but breaths fine in most positions and great when diving in trim or even just slightly out of trim.
    The best answer to your question, it to get with an instructor and demo the unit and see for yourself. I promise it's nothing like what you've read, seen or heard on most of the forums.
    I routinely do 4-6 hour cave dives on mine and have even been known to exceed 10-12 hours.
    If you ever find yourself in Florida, let me know and I'll let you take one for a spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even performs quite nicely below 100m.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by Draker  View Original Post
    Currently the only available scrubber is the standard axial provided with the unit. Approx 5.5lbs and packs very easily.

As mentioned above, you will notice a difference in breathing compared to some other units and the SF2 is more subject to hydrostatic loading, but breaths fine in most positions and great when diving in trim or even just slightly out of trim.
    The best answer to your question, it to get with an instructor and demo the unit and see for yourself. I promise it's nothing like what you've read, seen or heard on most of the forums.
    I routinely do 4-6 hour cave dives on mine and have even been known to exceed 10-12 hours.
    If you ever find yourself in Florida, let me know and I'll let you take one for a spin.

Sound for that, and Florida will come some day. The SF2 looks great and very handy that you can switch between SM & BM, Ive only ever had Meg but soon will be looking to get back into CCR Diving and I'm just looking at options..

With there being just the 1 Lung could be a tad weird compared to Meg, but I've gotten replies from a Bloke who does 120+M Dives with his SF2 SM with no issues at all, so its welcome, any info.

+ Reply to Thread