+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help with vr3

RBW Member evandroairton is an unknown quantity at this point evandroairton's Avatar
    inspo classic AV1

help with vr3

Hi there

my Vr3 died after some fresh water falled into the battery compartment
    I'vê opened it and found no corrosion sign, although the fischer connection tô the board is broken
    Is there any schematics and or pictures of the computer guts, só I can compare and see what can be done, in order to at try tô make it work again? at leste as an o2 analyser

By the way, before anyone says, I will buy a shearwater (or Av1) soon

Re: help with vr3

Hi,

what are the symptoms if you try to switch on?
    Nothing? just remains black?

Rgs, Stephan

RBW Member evandroairton is an unknown quantity at this point evandroairton's Avatar
    inspo classic AV1

Yep!

Nothing happens!

If you are familiar to use a multimeter you can to some basic measurements. But I guess its time to say goodbye to the VR3:

- If you already open the housing you can check whether the supply voltage reaches the PCB. May be broken or corroded wire.
    - You can check the current drawn by the VR3
    - Check whether the VR 3 does really not working. May be only the backlight is not working -> really hat do see then anything on the LCD screen.

inspo classic AV1

good, I will try it

thanks a lot

inspo classic AV1

I'vê tryed with the multimeter and it 's alive again! tks

but, as I've said before, the fischer connection wires were broken. Does anyone knows where tô connect it again on the board? it's the two pin type, and there is a very smal resistor atached tô the connector side

tks

Quote Originally Posted by evandroairton  View Original Post
    I'vê tryed with the multimeter and it 's alive again! tks
    Could you kindly share what was the issue? This may help others having a similar issue?

For the Fischer Connector I can not help, sorry!

Cheers, Stephan

inspo classic AV1

it was a small bit of oxidation at the downside of the contact ring on the negativê pole, that's the one that gostaria on the fixation screw, just aside the LCD, that makes the connection between the negative pole and the board.

Hi,

could you kindly send a picture from the inside of the connector? Where the wires, the resistor can be seen? Also a picture from the PCB where the wires probably go?

Thanks

inspo classic AV1

ok!
    I will take the pictures later this week

+ Reply to Thread