+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Delta-P NHeO Spare part needed

Delta-P NHeO Spare part needed

Dear all,

almost at the end of a great weekend diving my IDA71 rebreather my NHeO dive computer failed. It showed totally unexpected "low bat" during the dive and one minute later the screen become black. After surfacing I recognized some water inside and at home I opened the unit. Luckily I only made a fresh water dive and after drying the PCB and LCD everything seems to work normal. The corrosion is very minor, so I would not hesitate to assemble it again at go for a test dive.
    I tried to figure out where the water penetrates the computer and I found that the thread of the optical port which is normally screed into the black housing of the computer is broken. Thus I need a spare part or another good idea how to solve. I guess I have the following option:

1. Get a spare part for a reasonable price. As the computer is old an probably will not resume to work later. So if anybody has a spare and is willing to sell, kindly let me know.

2. Block the hole by a blind screw and sell the optocon interafce which I have for this computer. Is someone interested in an optocon IF for VRX or NHeO??

3. Glue the brocken thread and glue the whole thing into the computer. Maybe the worst solution as I do not know the materials. The black housing seems to be ABS which is very difficult to glue

4. Get a Sharewater computer and put the NHeO into the rubbish bin, where it belongs too.

Any other good suggestion is highly appreciated.

If someone selling a spare looking the same as the attached pictures I am interested.

Thanks!

Stephan
    Attached Images

Re: Delta-P NHeO Spare part needed

Hi all,

got a blind screw and removed the optical interface. NHeO3 is back to live.
    Attached Images

RBW Member ssk is an unknown quantity at this point ssk's Avatar
    Dolphin, Meg 2.7 Shearwater

LAR VI, Fenzy PO68, Homebuilt

Hi Maskenlos,
    What is your experience with the battery life of your NheO? Mine in compare to VR3 is a battery Hoover.
    D.

Hi ssk,

the battery consumption is horrible high. Therefore, already several years ago, I changed to AA - Size LiFePo4 Batteries. End of charge voltage is 3.6V and nominal voltage is 3.3V. So they are quite similar to the Li-Batteries and working fine in NHeO and VR3.
    You can grab them cheap from DX.com, but nowadays there are may be shipment restrictions due to air transport regulations.

Important: be aware of the correct charger and shut off voltage. Do not use standard Li-Ion battery charger.

Rgs, Stephan

RBW Member ssk is an unknown quantity at this point ssk's Avatar
    Dolphin, Meg 2.7 Shearwater

LAR VI, Fenzy PO68, Homebuilt

Hi Stephan,
    I thank you for the very, very good hint! :) I didn't considered at all the flexibility of the computer to be fed with voltages from 1,2 to 3,7 Volts
    BR
    Davide

+ Reply to Thread