+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My experience with Ocean Legends, Hawaii

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

My experience with Ocean Legends, Hawaii

A few months back I had the privilege of doing my air dill deco ccr training with ocean legends. After allowing the honeymoon period to be over I'm sharing my experience publicly. For those who don't know me, I'm a long time forum lurker, home builder, cave diver and OW instructor.

From the initial phone call discussing my training goals with Darren I found him to be an active listener to meet my needs. If I had a open check book he would be fully happy to design an equipment package including any upgrades I could possibly imagine. However, in my case, I was looking for a modest air deco course and he quickly respected my goals and went above and beyond to work with my budget. With a total I could afford we developed my training schedule, discussed expectations and I began my e-learning.

Darren was attentive and helpful in every dealing and while I did not dive with him, it is clear from having extended time in his shop he is passionate about rebreathers and offering the best service possible.

My actual training was under the knowledgeable eye of Tom and exceeded minimum standards with applying practical experience with great conscientiousness along with a saint's patience. It didn't hurt the class was a riot of good fun as well.

Diving in Hawaii and visiting their wrecks while listening to hump back whale song was an absolute treat and the icing on the cake of solid training and good service.

The shop is the best equipped I've encountered yet, and while they are expanding and I experienced some glitches as a result, I was always prioritized and accommodated.

Overall it was a wonderful experience to learn from people who care about training skilled divers and where I wasn't simply a walking dollars sign to hand a c-card to.

To those who welcomed me as family during my training, I thank you.
    -Cameron

Ps. Tom does have more than one eye. Perhaps three, I deduce from how he kept spotting holes in my understanding and could see how to show me how to improve.
    Last edited by Sparedone; 3rd April 2017 at 18:23.

RBW Member mikecjones is an unknown quantity at this point mikecjones's Avatar
    Se7en

Re: My experience with Ocean Legends, Hawaii

While I have no experience with Ocean Legends, I have known Tom for few years, dove with him many times, and taught with him for a while. He is an exceptional instructor who is passionate about sharing his knowledge of diving.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: My experience with Ocean Legends, Hawaii

Sounds like you had a pretty good experience.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread