+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AV1 and his creators flexibility

RBW Member Mike_Eitel is an unknown quantity at this point Mike_Eitel's Avatar
    MeCCRxWi

MeRAY, MeTravox,MeCCRV"x,Inspi

Thumbs up AV1 and his creators flexibility

I want to express my thanks to Alexey and present his super customer orientation.

We take our modified Rays for some nice weeks to Sipalay and are not sure if will get the promised O2 fills. But we know that Nitrox 32 is there for sure.

We can handle both, ccr and scr. And use AV1 as controller. We did that before.
    Only anouyance is the alarm beep when you reach shallow waters and come below 0.4 what is garantied with NX32...

So I asked Alexey if there could be a solution by switching of the beeper?
    And he did something better with a complete menue that allows different adjustments above and below surface.

Additionally he did that in short time. All thumps up.

Merci Alexey

RBW Member evandroairton is an unknown quantity at this point evandroairton's Avatar
    inspo classic AV1

Re: AV1 and his creators flexibility

i'vê just starting my Journey through the Dark Side, and I am simply lovin my AV1

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Oooh, sounds good - so we can have different surface setpoints now? So I don't have the thing yammering at me in the shed and going nuts on the solenoid when the bereaver is in bits and I just want to check the log or set up gases?

Noice!

RBW Member Mike_Eitel is an unknown quantity at this point Mike_Eitel's Avatar
    MeCCRxWi

MeRAY, MeTravox,MeCCRV"x,Inspi

Yes Starfish
    Ask Alexey, on my version it shows up as 3.11.
    My last was 3.01. No idea what else is improved, remarked nothing.

He added a menue point where you can toggle two different numbers, starting from 0.2. One is for surface mode, one for diving. When i have 0.2 surface no enerving beeps in ccr mode without open O2. N I C E !!. Starts beeping when i unplug my fisher cable as naturally then O2 = 0.

Whish other suppliers would be so helpful

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

That's great. He's done this kind of thing before too, with the gas management and the alternating OC/Bailout TTS display. Not to mention the temp stick etc.

Good guy. Smart, helpful and just keeps on churning out updates that make me happy. :D

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

I updated to 3.08 a while back and that stopped the sol firing while the head is sitting on the desk. Alexey also mentioned they're working on a desktop (and hopefully android) deco planning software, which would be great.
    The only thing i would love to see on there site would be a video section showing the set up/operations of some of the functions, yer i know its all in the manual but then so was how to calibrate my vrx but i still cant manage that!
    Regards
    Baz

AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by turtle dude  View Original Post
    I updated to 3.08 a while back and that stopped the sol firing while the head is sitting on the desk. Alexey also mentioned they're working on a desktop (and hopefully android) deco planning software, which would be great.
    The only thing i would love to see on there site would be a video section showing the set up/operations of some of the functions, yer i know its all in the manual but then so was how to calibrate my vrx but i still cant manage that!
    Regards
    Baz
    :D Jesus, diddums - would you prefer it if Alexey just came along on all your dives and did it for you? :D

I've found the AV1, apart from a couple of pages where button assignments felt the wrong way around, to have an extremely intuitive user interface. I read the manual once and then again when I upgraded to the temp stick but, otherwise, haven't felt the need - it's pretty self explanatory I thought. Streets ahead of the VR computers.
    Last edited by Captain Starfish; 3rd April 2017 at 23:32.

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    :D Jesus, diddums - would you prefer it if Alexey just came along on all your dives and did it for you? :D
    Wow now that would service! But what would happen if 2 people with av1s wanted to dive on the same day? Lol.

I've still got the first copy of there manual I downloaded so should really download the newest ver. The trouble I find with most computers are that they have so many functions I hope never to use like bailing out/gas management etc that it would be good to be able to watch a quick video once in a while to refresh ones memory.

Baz

AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by turtle dude  View Original Post
    Wow now that would service! But what would happen if 2 people with av1s wanted to dive on the same day? Lol.

I've still got the first copy of there manual I downloaded so should really download the newest ver. The trouble I find with most computers are that they have so many functions I hope never to use like bailing out/gas management etc that it would be good to be able to watch a quick video once in a while to refresh ones memory.

Baz
    I hear you. I try to fiddle with stuff every now and then during a dive and tell myself stories about it being about muscle memory etc rather than just having to tinker :)

+ Reply to Thread