+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tool time

Tool time

Just being curious, but I was wondering what tools people take on the boat with them when out in a trip. Is it simply a case of a few Alan (hex) keys, a hose tool and an adjustable wrench or do you recommend others?

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

I have a Gerber multi tool...

I dont need anything else becase Andyp turns up with every concevable spair and every concevable tool in a fu@k off big yellow tool box.

In exchange I bring nappies as he still hasent plucked up the courage to buy his own.

BUT if Andrew wernt comming I would take a spair 02 cell and spair batteries. I wont need 0rings as the unit is preped the night before

ATB

Mark Chase

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomsDown
    Just being curious, but I was wondering what tools people take on the boat with them when out in a trip. Is it simply a case of a few Alan (hex) keys, a hose tool and an adjustable wrench or do you recommend others?
    I also like to have the key to remove the Schraeder valve from a LP hose. It saved me a dive when I discovered that the Diluent Manual Injector leaked after being dragged on the beach: just removed the Schraeder valve, cleaned the sand and replaced. Ready for the 2nd dive!

Cheers

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by cedricverdier
    I also like to have the key to remove the Schraeder valve from a LP hose. It saved me a dive when I discovered that the Diluent Manual Injector leaked after being dragged on the beach: just removed the Schraeder valve, cleaned the sand and replaced. Ready for the 2nd dive!

Cheers
    yes and its cheap to boot..

I also carry a spare valve with me just incase the old one is damaged..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    I have a really small stanley tool box, which carries a couple of spare cells, spares of every o ring, adjustable spanner, needle nose plioers, 2 screw drivers and a multi tool, oh and a spare mouth piece, spring, 2 spare battery packs and a spare HUD stalk not fogetting those all importane cable ties!

Stuart

Mutter Grumble Groan Moan AndyP is on a distinguished road AndyP is on a distinguished road AndyP's Avatar
    As Mark has said I have a reasonably sized tool box with one of absolutly anything you might possibly need - ever. I keep dareing people to laugh at me for bringing this insanely large box, but the number of times it has saved dives for myself and others has meant that so far no one has been that stupid.

The answer really is, take a spare battery, and a spare sensor and you will be able to save 90% of your dives. The rest I carry saves any possible eventuality (apart from a hole in a counter lung).

Andrew

RBW Member Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil's Avatar
    rEvo, Sentinel, Ouroboros

Inspiration, Megalodon,

Just got back from PNG and I tend to be like AndyP, this time I had to change the cell and manage to brake a wire on the molex connector , I was lucky they had a soldering iron on board . So from now on I will had a little gas soldering iron to my kit...

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    So from now on I will had a little gas soldering iron to my kit...
    AFAIK, the Molex connectors used in the YBOD and KISS units are supposedly to be crimped on, not soldered on. It might be better to have a spare Molex connector instead...

Mutter Grumble Groan Moan AndyP is on a distinguished road AndyP is on a distinguished road AndyP's Avatar
    Yep, got a small soldering iron, and a couple of molex crimps. Salt water causes verdigris, so crimps often fail to connect. Have some super dooper cleaning flux in there which needs the iron to heat it up.

You name it, I got it.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    You name it, I got it.
    You had better get some antibiotics to treat that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast