+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liberty CCR deep measure

Liberty CCR deep measure

Hi folks. I've been noticed that my liberty, despite the correct measurement of the barometer, always show me a depth about 1.5 meters shalower than my Shearwater Petrel or DiveRite Nitek. Anybody notice such difference? I know that the barometer of liberty is behind my head and the barometer of my wrist computer is about 40 cm deeper but 1.5 meter is a great difference, isn't it?
    Last edited by luciobio; 19th March 2017 at 12:07.

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States

Re: Liberty CCR deep measure

what salinity settings are on each computer?

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004  View Original Post
    what salinity settings are on each computer?
    All the computers were using the same: fresh.

RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Liberty

Same here. Was told to use 'fresh' per manual even in ocean - still a few ft shallower than perdix backup in salt water.

RBW Member paca_mike is an unknown quantity at this point paca_mike's Avatar
    Meg

On page 38 of Liberty User manual :

Depth
    The depth can be read in the units set in the setup (m or ft). Depth is calculated from
    measured hydrostatic pressure. Fresh water (default) or seawater density can be set for
    the depth calculation (units and salinity are set in Setup → Preferences).
    Setting fresh/sea water doesn't affect decompression calculations. Decompression is
    based on ambient pressure and is independent of the displayed depth

on page 44 CCR Mode

2.5.4 Decompression
    The decompression algorithm takes measured pO₂ values and inert gases according to
    the set diluent composition into account.
    During a dive, the safety level can be set in the menu by switching the set of standard
    and bailout gradient factors (GFs) without affecting the mode in which the CCR Liberty is operating

Quote Originally Posted by luciobio  View Original Post
    Hi folks. I've been noticed that my liberty, despite the correct measurement of the barometer, always show me a depth about 1.5 meters shalower than my Shearwater Petrel or DiveRite Nitek. Anybody notice such difference? I know that the barometer of liberty is behind my head and the barometer of my wrist computer is about 40 cm deeper but 1.5 meter is a great difference, isn't it?

+ Reply to Thread