+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Upgrading my inspiration classic options

RBW Member Doomanic is an unknown quantity at this point Doomanic's Avatar
    FrankenClassic (Done. Mostly)

Re: Upgrading my inspiration classic options

Quote Originally Posted by Doomanic  View Original Post
    Ignoring all the bling I've bought, my Classic stands me around £2k inc the AV1 head. I think that's pretty good value.
    And that's before I sell the complete, fully functional Classic head.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

And that's before I sell the complete, fully functional Classic head.
    Keep it if you can. Or, if you have a regular gang of classic diving mates, make sure at least one of you has a spare head you can share around. Stuff still goes wrong and it's nice to have options on a trip.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    Keep it if you can. Or, if you have a regular gang of classic diving mates, make sure at least one of you has a spare head you can share around. Stuff still goes wrong and it's nice to have options on a trip.
    Inevitably you'll have some sort of electronics failure on your warm-up dive on the first day of a project/trip/dive season. Then it's really nice to have a whole spare, instead of staying up all night trying to jury-rig something to limp through.

I'm still trying to figure out how to retrofit a classic head to fit on my Vision for those reasons.

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

Bloman, your prices are a little out. I paid €1525 for my complete head with HUD a few weeks ago. Worth every penny IMHO.
    Unlike Simon, I don't trust my soldering to level that he does and I don't have access to machine tools to make up the myriad small parts that are inevitably required.
    The complete head is an awesome piece of kit, looks fantastic, fits perfectly and works really well.
    Ignoring all the bling I've bought, my Classic stands me around £2k inc the AV1 head. I think that's pretty good value.
    Which HUD did you go for - if it was the fully independent HUD- how do you find the usability- also - do you miss the buzzer on the classic? Or do you find the hud - enough of a prompt for anything being an issue .

I looked at the fully independent HUD but it looked a bit of a faff to set up so I opted for the standard HUD. I'll add secondary monitoring at some point, I have a Dream sat around doing nothing, but until then I'll just bail if it goes tits up.
    The HUD more than makes up for the lack of buzzer. I had a cell go non-linear on my last dive, reading about .2 above the others. Every time it went over 1.6 I got a face full of red flashing light letting me know.

Helium is addictive! Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman's Avatar

Bloman, your prices are a little out. I paid €1525 for my complete head with HUD a few weeks ago. Worth every penny IMHO.
    Unlike Simon, I don't trust my soldering to level that he does and I don't have access to machine tools to make up the myriad small parts that are inevitably required.
    The complete head is an awesome piece of kit, looks fantastic, fits perfectly and works really well.
    Different prices between different dealers then. I asked one of the official dealers and got their price list sent to me.

RBW Member Mike_Eitel is an unknown quantity at this point Mike_Eitel's Avatar
    MeCCRxWi

MeRAY, MeTravox,MeCCRV"x,Inspi

I'm quite happy with the easy green and red.
    Not too much fiddeling around in front of my eyes. Just have a blach housing that only has a slot for the lights. Plus the automatic adjustably of brightness is all i need.

Quote Originally Posted by Blomman  View Original Post
    Different prices between different dealers then. I asked one of the official dealers and got their price list sent to me.
    I bought mine direct from Alexey at AV-UWT.

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

Has anyone tried the independent HUD from Alexy either with the head or as a stand alone HUD on their unit?

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by Wol  View Original Post
    Has anyone tried the independent HUD from Alexy either with the head or as a stand alone HUD on their unit?
    Considered it but his interface of 5 LEDs per cell with different combinations of solid and flashing colours depending on PPO2 just looked way too confusing for my dumb brain. In particular the idea of mixing solid vs flashing LEDs as part of "normal" operation doesn't work for me at all.

Alexey wasn't interested in rolling a smithers version, I guess he prefers the way his code works.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2