Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tres Presidentes NT-1

RBW Member BenPerkins is an unknown quantity at this point BenPerkins's Avatar

Tres Presidentes NT-1

Up for sale:
    I am getting out of the long range diving game, just being pulled in a different direction. I have just what you need......I live in Missouri, USA, but could meet in Florida Cave country to exchange.

$4999 USD

NT-1 RB by Tres Presidentes
    8:1 ratio, Cooper loop hoses w/ ss weights. BOV can be switched to LH or RH delivery

COMPLETE O ring kit for everything. RB, BOV, Loop flanges, etc. Multiple sets of O rings for multiple rebuilds. Cost me hundreds to source all these one size at a time

SS rack with PST LP-121's full of 300 gas. Nice custom made integrated weight system that can be tailored to you with 30 lbs lead

10 x Male QC-6 drive hoses 40" long with nice caps

Spare everything:
    Male QC-6 w/ scuba adapter
    Female QC-6 fitting (for gas block)
    brand new dump valve
    2x Brand new spare flexible links for manifold
    Extra isolator w/ ss link
    Extra isolator w/ double isolators

delrin take apart tool

Steramine
    I have a bunch of stuff that goes with it that you will think is silly, but is really valuable in actually using this RB. Like a set of bowls for de-dusting sorb. Sounds ridiculous, but it took me a couple trips to the store to get the perfect ones. I have a lot of stuff like that to make prepping a dive go well. Wooden racks for transport, etc. Stupid stuff, but really handy.

Attached Images

Re: Tres Presidentes NT-1

Price drop to $4500

RBW Member Scuba Phill is an unknown quantity at this point Scuba Phill's Avatar
    Drager Dolphin

Where were you able to get trained on the unit? Thanks

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Phill  View Original Post
    Where were you able to get trained on the unit? Thanks

I would suggest reaching out to Ted McCoy through Cave Country Dive Shop in High Springs..

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I thought I had things set to send me an email whenever someone posted in this thread.

Training is available at Indian Point Dive Center, on Table Rock Lake, near Branson MO.

PM sent with my phone number, give me a call if you want to discuss.

Ben

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Cool! Never seen one of these before...

Best regards,
    Chett
    Chett. L

RBW Member Inverted_bear is an unknown quantity at this point Inverted_bear's Avatar
    Sidekick, Fathom

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    I would suggest reaching out to Ted McCoy through Cave Country Dive Shop in High Springs..
    I know I'm late to the party, but you can't go wrong training with Ted. He's done a lot of big dives on pscr's, and he currently owns this exact unit.

Chett, these things are really cool. The quality of machining is incredible, and they're easier to assemble than an rb80.

Quote Originally Posted by Inverted_bear  View Original Post
    I know I'm late to the party, but you can't go wrong training with Ted. He's done a lot of big dives on pscr's, and he currently owns this exact unit.

Chett, these things are really cool. The quality of machining is incredible, and they're easier to assemble than an rb80.
    Yes, the quality of machining is awesome on these units. A little backstory (as it was told to me) Nick Toussaint dove the RB80 for a long time and saw its strengths and weaknesses. When he went out on his own he wanted to upgrade the RB80 so he partnered up with Tres Presidentes to do the actual production. In addition to much higher quality machine work than the RB80, he also implemented several design changes to make diving/prepping the unit easier.

I have dove right along side many RB80 divers in the Ozark Cave Diving Alliance (OCDA), and perhaps more importantly done maintenance and dive prep/cleanup right alongside RB80 divers and here are some of the features of this unit that I think are better than an RB80.

All Delrin construction. Tougher and better thermal characteristics than PVC, plus its black so it must be better. No corrosion issues when diving salt or for that matter fresh. For instance: After a dive my buddy and I loaded up the units as is and traveled back to Missouri from Florida. My unit was fine after being cleaned up the next day, but my where my buddy's RB80 loop connects to the head is anodized aluminum. The anodizing had been eaten away in a few spots and the aluminum pitted from caustic sorb contaminated water.

Double O ring seals everywhere: RB80 has a single O ring on the body joints, me and Team mate were in the springpool all ready for a big dive when I noticed big bubbles from his unit at a body joint.

No tool assembly/disassembly: I love the threaded mounts and rings on the counterlungs, very nice and easy to get apart and put together. Much less risk of tearing up the counterlung than RB80.

Removable sorb canister: You can shake and pack this sorb can outside of the unit and keep the dust and little particles away from the injectors. Also, included are O ring sealed cap and bottom to remove sorb can from unit and keep it fresh overnight. On a multi day dive trip, I will pack my sorb (good for 12 hours) on day one, and that night remove the sorb can, seal it up, and wash the unit with steramine for the next day. Next morning, pop in sorb can and put unit together. Huge time saver on vacation.

Sorb warmth: On the RB 80 the sorb is right up against the outer wall of the unit, with only the PVC in between it and the cold water. On this unit the sorb can is central in the unit, and the exhaled breath (warm) flows down and around the sorb can through an airspace between the outer wall and the sorb can. (Think about the space in between the 2 panes of glass in a window) All this allows the sorb to warm up faster, and stay warmer than in an RB80. Warm=better with sorb. Works better and keeps you warmer on the dive.

Bottom line this is a super unit, and really easy to dive, easy to maintain. I wish someone would take it off my hands and put it to good use.

Ben

RBW Member Hans P is an unknown quantity at this point Hans P's Avatar
    RB 80.Hammer H,Meg.

Nice unit.
    But where can you get spare parts? I'm thinking of the counter lungs.

Regards
    Hans P

Quote Originally Posted by Hans P  View Original Post
    Nice unit.
    But where can you get spare parts? I'm thinking of the counter lungs.

Regards
    Hans P
    I understand what you are getting at Hans, before I bought this unit I contacted Tres Pres directly and asked them all the same questions. They were very friendly, and although it usually took them a full day to get back to me due to the time difference, it was no problem. I was interested in having them make me a second rack at the time, which I never went through with. I would encourage you to contact them yourself and ask questions. http://trespresidentes.com/scr/en/contact.php

However, I finally decided that dealing in the US was easier for me. Counterlungs are the same as the RB 80, so my buddy bought a replacement set from our local Halcyon dealer. After doing post dive maintenance with buddy that owns a White Arrow I discovered they also uses the same lungs, so that is another source. I have heard but never verified that McMaster Carr also sells them.

BOV is a Golem, so parts for that are available through them. Please note that included with the sale is a complete BOV O ring kit, and some flappers, so I don't know what else you would ever need short of physical damage.

Injectors are Apex 2nd stage guts, and I have a ton of that stuff for my fleet of regs. Available through your local dealer.

Dump valve is a plain old dump valve available anywhere online (and a spare is included)

Loop Hoses are Cooper Hoses available anywhere.

Drive hose hardware is Swagelok, and although I am including more than anyone will likely need, I get the best pricing on it through my local gas supplier. Available online for about twice the price from Golem and others.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast