+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2x PRISM 2 tips needed

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

2x PRISM 2 tips needed

Hi RBW members

I need two good tips for the Prism 2 unit:

1: What is the best way to remove the crushed/stock sorb on the radial scrubber? Especially where the lid is screwed on, the sorb is really hard to remove.

2: I am loosing connection to cell no. 2 periodically and I have tracked the issue to the black unplug-gable cell connector inside the head above the scrubber. I don't see any corrosion. How do i clean the connector and reject moisture in the future to avoid this?

Thank...

/Christian

Andy Pitkin apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin's Avatar
    Prism 1

various

Re: 2x PRISM 2 tips needed

Quote Originally Posted by depth  View Original Post
    Hi RBW members

I need two good tips for the Prism 2 unit:

1: What is the best way to remove the crushed/stock sorb on the radial scrubber? Especially where the lid is screwed on, the sorb is really hard to remove.
    I have a Prism 1, but the scrubber is very similar. Just soak it in white vinegar, or any other dilute acid.

Andy

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by apitkin  View Original Post
    I have a Prism 1, but the scrubber is very similar. Just soak it in white vinegar, or any other dilute acid.

Andy
    He's right. That's what I do.
    Pro gold on the connectors.
    Best regards,
    Chett. L

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Thank you for the tips. Ordered the contact enhanser just now on eBay and will soak the scrubber basket tomorrow in vinegar.

Safe diving.....

/Christian

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

Deoxit Gold for electrical connections.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

fyi... It does not have to be 100% vinegar. I typically poor one or two cups in approx 1/2 gallon of water and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by depth  View Original Post
    Thank you for the tips. Ordered the contact enhanser just now on eBay and will soak the scrubber basket tomorrow in vinegar.

Safe diving.....

/Christian

Richard Huntrods sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

I soak it in vinegar (just pour some in the top and let the basket sit in it for about 15-30 min. I have the Prism Topaz.

I was told to be sure and rinse it really well before drying and repacking.

RBW Member AJV is an unknown quantity at this point AJV's Avatar
    P2

ESR

The 4 small knobs on the scrubbers lid were designed to be used as leverage points, if your still having issues after vinegar place the knobs between solid points (i use a sturdy metal wire shelf/rack), grasp the entire basket and twist. you'll be able to get a lot more torque without risking breaking anything than you would by trying to just twist the lid off.

+ Reply to Thread