+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bringing Sodasorb to Mexico

RBW Member fdo is an unknown quantity at this point fdo's Avatar
    Poseidon MKVI-VII

Dragger Dolphin

Bringing Sodasorb to Mexico

Hi,

Anyone with any experience bringing Sodasorb to Mexico?

Thanks,

Fdo

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: Bringing Sodasorb to Mexico

Where are you going? Seems to be different rules depending on where you land and those change often as well. I think the real problem is going out of MX with sorb. With that said, I'm a firm believer in keeping a very low profile with dive gear when traveling; blend in, look and act like a tourist not a techno-diver and cross your fingers. Don't ask, don't tell.

Others may have more recent advice to give, I was off Belize last year, dove OC, and didn't have any customs issues going or coming home.

RBW Member RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17's Avatar

I have brought sorb to Cozumel about 8 years ago. No problem, just have a MSDS printed out and attached to container in my checked luggage.
    Tomek

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

seems kind of a silly thing to do for both bz and mx.
    bz - belize diving services stocks sorb
    mx, both protec and xibalba stock sorb, cozumel, german yanez does too.
    why would you waste your luggage allowance on it?

RBW Member hattdiver is an unknown quantity at this point hattdiver's Avatar

any good deals between Cancun and Tulum. i was quoted $240 for 40lbs. i pay $90 for 40lbs and even if it cost me $50 to check it i am way ahead

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

I tried bringing it with me once, big hassle dragging all that extra weight around. Next year I bought less expensive Mexisorb. Didn't work too well. Next trip I paid up and got the good stuff. You can get it at Protec in Paya or Tulum or Deep Exposure in COzumel. All priced about the same.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

I have brought it to Cozumel a few times with no issues. I just made sure I have the MSDS sheet and that it's in a new never opened container.

RBW Member fdo is an unknown quantity at this point fdo's Avatar
    Poseidon MKVI-VII

Dragger Dolphin

Thanks for the info. I am going to Playa and on the way there I could bring an extra bag w/o additional cost. Based on the price that Protec quoted me It seems like I could save about $100 if I could bring it w/o extra cost. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Fdo

+ Reply to Thread