+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Divesoft BOV independet review

  1. #41
    Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    U.S.A. Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,643
    Prism

    Dolphin

    Re: Divesoft BOV independet review

    Anybody know which flapper/one valves they use? Are they Dragers?

  2. #42
    RBW Member ram is an unknown quantity at this point ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1
    Divesoft Liberty

    Re: Divesoft BOV independet review

    I have the problem with the hard to turn knob, too. Has somebody a working solution, yet?


    I already switched the sticky grease to another less sticky one (the one AP advises ;-]), but unfortunately it doesn't help much. I tried to apply minimal or really much amount of grease without any noticeable difference?!?

    As an interim solution I accustomed to also turn the key forth and immediately back when I switch the setpoints. Of course that helps only under water.


    I'm wondering to mill an indention like a cross on the plain and adhesive surface between the orings of the rotating inner part, but I'm afraid to do sth. stupid I won't be able to undo.



    Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

  3. #43
    RBW Member Divesoft, LLC is an unknown quantity at this point Divesoft, LLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Largo, FL, USA
    Posts
    41
    CCR Liberty

    Re: Divesoft BOV independet review

    Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Anybody know which flapper/one valves they use? Are they Dragers?
    Yes, they are Draeger. https://www.divesoft.cz/ax/products/...ning-pressure/

  4. #44
    RBW Member Divesoft, LLC is an unknown quantity at this point Divesoft, LLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Largo, FL, USA
    Posts
    41
    CCR Liberty

    Re: Divesoft BOV independet review

    Quote Originally Posted by ram  View Original Post
    I have the problem with the hard to turn knob, too. Has somebody a working solution, yet?


    I already switched the sticky grease to another less sticky one (the one AP advises ;-]), but unfortunately it doesn't help much. I tried to apply minimal or really much amount of grease without any noticeable difference?!?

    As an interim solution I accustomed to also turn the key forth and immediately back when I switch the setpoints. Of course that helps only under water.


    I'm wondering to mill an indention like a cross on the plain and adhesive surface between the orings of the rotating inner part, but I'm afraid to do sth. stupid I won't be able to undo.



    Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

    The Divesoft iBOV is o-ring sealed. Please do not use other lubes than Krytox 201 or in case of "emergency" Tribolube. Apply always just thin layer/film of lubricant. We will launch an lever/adapter which will help with the nob turning significantly, really soon.

  5. #45
    Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    U.S.A. Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,643
    Prism

    Dolphin

    Re: Divesoft BOV independet review

    Quote Originally Posted by Divesoft, LLC  View Original Post
    The Divesoft iBOV is o-ring sealed. Please do not use other lubes than Krytox 201 or in case of "emergency" Tribolube. Apply always just thin layer/film of lubricant. We will launch an lever/adapter which will help with the nob turning significantly, really soon.
    Thanks for the above information, will you let us know when the part is released?

  6. #46
    RBW Member Divesoft, LLC is an unknown quantity at this point Divesoft, LLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Largo, FL, USA
    Posts
    41
    CCR Liberty

    Re: Divesoft BOV independet review

    Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Thanks for the above information, will you let us know when the part is released?
    Absolutely.

  7. #47
    RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cork Ireland
    Posts
    697
    Meg 2.7 :) - of course

    Megalodon 2.7

    Re: Divesoft BOV independet review

    Quote Originally Posted by DaleHawerchuck  View Original Post
    I got the BOV (ADV included) without the MAVs. I have been using a Shrimp for the last 4 years. While I still don't have a lot of hours on my Divesoft BOV, here's my impressions so far:

    PROS (compared to shrimp) :
    - Smaller, lighter, feels better because of this.
    - Several options, included ADV was the big thing for me. I got rid of that stupid 2nd stage on my shoulder and now have it all in one place.
    - No need to add a shutoff for the ADV, it's included in the front lever.

    CONS:
    - The lever is SUPER hard to switch in comparison to the Shrimp. I've been told the grease Divesoft uses tend to stick after a long rest, and that relubricating the seals with silicone would help, but haven't done it yet.
    - ADV makes a really loud and weird noise when it fires, no biggie, just annoying.
    - I like the quick couplings on the Shrimp better than the Divesoft system. It's not really made to take off loop hoses on every time you dry out your unit. Makes the mushroom valve check more complicated depending on your CL T-pieces.

    I also have a few friends diving Liberty and O2ptima with full iBOV (including MAVs). I heard a few reports from different persons experiencing water ingress in the loop from the O2 MAV apparently because of some design flaw. Apparently Divesoft has either solved or is in the process of solving this issue. I haven't experienced it myself and cannot confirm it's been solved.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I do like the look of the Divesoft, but then again the Shrimp is for me, I always purchase from Jakub @ Golem Gear, and the bonus is my next Meg comes with a Shrimp so Im happy out :) the quick couplings that come with the Shrimp are the Best, easy as F..k to check the flappers, the Knob is easy to turn, the wob is Fab, and it looks the dogs Bollocks

  8. #48
    RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA, NY
    Posts
    725
    MK15.5, MK25

    Re: Divesoft BOV independet review

    Quote Originally Posted by Clive O' Driscoll  View Original Post
    I do like the look of the Divesoft, but then again the Shrimp is for me, I always purchase from Jakub @ Golem Gear, and the bonus is my next Meg comes with a Shrimp so Im happy out :) the quick couplings that come with the Shrimp are the Best, easy as F..k to check the flappers, the Knob is easy to turn, the wob is Fab, and it looks the dogs Bollocks

    Brilliant post! My knob is easy to turn as well... so the wife says, wob (work on bottom) however needs some improvement; she seems to tell everyone at the pub when I'm not listening


    We need my Irish humor here, Cheers mate

  9. #49
    RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cork Ireland
    Posts
    697
    Meg 2.7 :) - of course

    Megalodon 2.7

    Re: Divesoft BOV independet review

    Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    Brilliant post! My knob is easy to turn as well... so the wife says, wob (work on bottom) however needs some improvement; she seems to tell everyone at the pub when I'm not listening


    We need my Irish humor here, Cheers mate
    :) :) :) If you need lessons - let me know :) Good stuff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts