+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Divesoft BOV independet review

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Divesoft BOV independet review

Quote Originally Posted by uwxplorer  View Original Post
    Any gag-strap option?
    Good question X.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

CCR Cave Explorer jcr is an unknown quantity at this point jcr's Avatar
    Fathom CCR

Does the ADV only work in CC mode or will it add gas to the loop in OC mode as well?

RBW Member Divesoft, LLC is an unknown quantity at this point Divesoft, LLC's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by jcr  View Original Post
    Does the ADV only work in CC mode or will it add gas to the loop in OC mode as well?
    ADV works in OC mode as well as in CC.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Very nice, Bov , nicest I have tried so far. But since I’m minimizing my setup i have one for sale if anyone interested.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Meg 2.7 :) - of course

Megalodon 2.7

I had a Shrimp and so anybody who has used both the IBov and Shrimp care to compare?

Thanks

RBW Member DaleHawerchuck is an unknown quantity at this point DaleHawerchuck's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Clive O' Driscoll  View Original Post
    I had a Shrimp and so anybody who has used both the IBov and Shrimp care to compare?

Thanks
    I got the BOV (ADV included) without the MAVs. I have been using a Shrimp for the last 4 years. While I still don't have a lot of hours on my Divesoft BOV, here's my impressions so far:

PROS (compared to shrimp) :
    - Smaller, lighter, feels better because of this.
    - Several options, included ADV was the big thing for me. I got rid of that stupid 2nd stage on my shoulder and now have it all in one place.
    - No need to add a shutoff for the ADV, it's included in the front lever.

CONS:
    - The lever is SUPER hard to switch in comparison to the Shrimp. I've been told the grease Divesoft uses tend to stick after a long rest, and that relubricating the seals with silicone would help, but haven't done it yet.
    - ADV makes a really loud and weird noise when it fires, no biggie, just annoying.
    - I like the quick couplings on the Shrimp better than the Divesoft system. It's not really made to take off loop hoses on every time you dry out your unit. Makes the mushroom valve check more complicated depending on your CL T-pieces.

I also have a few friends diving Liberty and O2ptima with full iBOV (including MAVs). I heard a few reports from different persons experiencing water ingress in the loop from the O2 MAV apparently because of some design flaw. Apparently Divesoft has either solved or is in the process of solving this issue. I haven't experienced it myself and cannot confirm it's been solved.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RBW Member DaleHawerchuck is an unknown quantity at this point DaleHawerchuck's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Concerning the "too much stuff going on" thing, be sure to get their Dil manifold if you get the iBOV.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Meg 2.7 :) - of course

Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by DaleHawerchuck  View Original Post
    I got the BOV (ADV included) without the MAVs. I have been using a Shrimp for the last 4 years. While I still don't have a lot of hours on my Divesoft BOV, here's my impressions so far:

PROS (compared to shrimp) :
    - Smaller, lighter, feels better because of this.
    - Several options, included ADV was the big thing for me. I got rid of that stupid 2nd stage on my shoulder and now have it all in one place.
    - No need to add a shutoff for the ADV, it's included in the front lever.

CONS:
    - The lever is SUPER hard to switch in comparison to the Shrimp. I've been told the grease Divesoft uses tend to stick after a long rest, and that relubricating the seals with silicone would help, but haven't done it yet.
    - ADV makes a really loud and weird noise when it fires, no biggie, just annoying.
    - I like the quick couplings on the Shrimp better than the Divesoft system. It's not really made to take off loop hoses on every time you dry out your unit. Makes the mushroom valve check more complicated depending on your CL T-pieces.

I also have a few friends diving Liberty and O2ptima with full iBOV (including MAVs). I heard a few reports from different persons experiencing water ingress in the loop from the O2 MAV apparently because of some design flaw. Apparently Divesoft has either solved or is in the process of solving this issue. I haven't experienced it myself and cannot confirm it's been solved.

Thank You for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

RBW Member gkuzkin85 is on a distinguished road gkuzkin85 is on a distinguished road gkuzkin85's Avatar

I purchased a unit and am diving it with an AP Inspiration. I really like the unit, and I'd recommend it. That said, there are two things to note:

1. As noted in another post, the ADV makes a really loud noise as it adds gas. I quit using mine as it was just too much. Aside from bothering me, I'm sure it was worrying everyone in any near proximity (yes, it was THAT loud).

2. I'm using my unit with a Shearwater NERD. Divesoft makes a really nice mount for EITHER the AP LED based heads up, OR the Shearwater, but not both. Anyone who has an Inspiration will tell you that you cannot eliminate the LED unit, nor would you want to. Given this, the Shearwater mount "steals" the LED mount. Although you need both, Divesoft did not provide for this! I wrote them many months ago regarding this, and was told they had no plans to change their approach. I'm making a custom LED mount, now, as you cannot use the original AP method.

3. I too find the knob hard to turn, but have not experimented with what to do yet.

RBW Member gkuzkin85 is on a distinguished road gkuzkin85 is on a distinguished road gkuzkin85's Avatar

Wupps, THREE things to note ... so much for proof reading!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast