+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First RB.. Draeger Dolphin or not?

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: First RB.. Draeger Dolphin or not?

Quote Originally Posted by udtabn  View Original Post
    like dave said the dreager is a GREAT unit to start with .....I teach and own 6 of them ,, im a factory trained technician ..love these units you can do almost anything to them and very user friendly . where are you located ?
    Wow, 6 units, that is a lot!

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

yep 6 in various config from a factory leba 54 with a military camo bc to a ray . im always getting calls to cert people so I still keep them around ............steve

RBW Member Urban Peer is an unknown quantity at this point Urban Peer's Avatar
    Dolphin SCR, MCCR

Hombuilt

Like it was mentioned:
    The Dolphin is greath in both. In SCR Mode to start with, and for advanced Divers in MCCR conversion mode. I still dive this unit. Its simplicity, ruggednes and having the counterlungs on the back makes it ideal to me.14993543_2022024481357268_5346268506756441735_n.jpg

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Converting a draeger to ccr is not too difficult. I would suggest you do a little time as SCR just to get used to the nuances of the unit, breathing, scrubber duration etc. You should also get training as a SCR diver so if you ever need to show a cert card you have one. My first rb was a dolphin, my second rb was the same dolphin converted to ccr. I got about a year out of each. I feel the experience allowed me to understand what was going on with my unit better.
    Good luck, There are likely lots of old web pages still up with tips and instructions.
    I did pretty much the same and agree completely about the educational experience. I had great fun 'hacking' my Dolphin.

Looking back, once I allowed for all the odds and ends I had to buy or manufacture and add up the cost, it would have been cheaper and quicker to just buy a used inspiration.

A few years on I bought a rEvo.

Hacking a Dolphin is a hobby in itself and needs to be enjoyed for the workshop time as well as the diving. If you just want a cheap way into CCR diving there are better routes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2