+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Inspo

RBW Member Meanart is an unknown quantity at this point Meanart's Avatar
    AP Inspiration Vision

My Inspo

Hi guys,

Maybe some of you like to see some photos of modding of a Inspiration Vision. I bought it second hand in April, and the unit started being quite standard, with exception of the Alibox was housed in.

AP serviced the lid, I took care of the rest. I had to replace some hoses and service the 1st stages, and after a couple of leaking spg's, I replaced the hp-hoses and spg's.

After it was in fine working condition, the modifications started:
    1) Backplate with continuous webbing
    2) Wing
    3) Removed Autoair
    4) Added an ADV, one of the best things you can buy to make ccr life easier, IMO.
    5) This autumn, I sent the lid back to AP, to replace the dodgy old handset by the beautiful new 2020 Vision. Also, had the solenoid replaced for the MK3 and added the rechargeable batteries.
    6) A couple of weeks ago, I replaced the counterlungs by backmounted ones, love the clean chest.
    7) Added a GG Shrimp BOV with quickconnector
    8) Last one today: I replaced the Alibox stand by the Kent Tooling one. Brilliant, it doesn't tip over anymore.

Right now, I think it's one of the nicest ccr's available: reliable, good looking, clean.

Things to do still, are moving the quickconnector of the BOV more to the shoulder, as it's adding quite some weight now to the loop and BOV, especially on the left side.

Below are the photos of the modifications! Feel free to ask about anything.

IMG_5086.jpgIMG_5290.jpgIMG_5432.jpgIMG_5486.jpgIMG_5498.jpgIMG_5497.jpgIMG_5502.jpg
    Last edited by Meanart; 7th February 2017 at 12:38. Reason: typo

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

Re: My Inspo

Excellent, that's what my unit almost looks like. How does that backplate fit with the BMCL? I heard someone said the OPV rubs against the plate?

RBW Member deepdave is an unknown quantity at this point deepdave's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJN  View Original Post
    Excellent, that's what my unit almost looks like. How does that backplate fit with the BMCL? I heard someone said the OPV rubs against the plate?
    I put a couple of 10mm spacers between them, just to give a little more room to breathe

AP Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by deepdave  View Original Post
    I put a couple of 10mm spacers between them, just to give a little more room to breathe
    I might give that a try. What kind of spacers do you use?
    The opv's of the counterlungs do touch the backplate, nothing serious though.

Update: I just ordered a custom piece of Delrin: 340x36x10mm to go behind the backplate, as a spacer.
    Last edited by Meanart; 7th February 2017 at 20:07.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Very nice and clean looking! I've been trying to figure how to use a plate with webbing routed similar to yours. Please more details and pictures. I also have BMCL.

RBW Member deepdave is an unknown quantity at this point deepdave's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Just some basic ally

Also I use a small plate which largely clears the OPV,s on the BMCL's so the spacer just gives a little more room for expansion

Last edited by deepdave; 7th February 2017 at 19:45.

Inspiration vision

Quote Originally Posted by TopLeft  View Original Post
    Very nice and clean looking! I've been trying to figure how to use a plate with webbing routed similar to yours. Please more details and pictures. I also have BMCL.
    You think you could take a picture of the issue you're having with the backplate rubbing with the OPV?

AP Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJN  View Original Post
    You think you could take a picture of the issue you're having with the backplate rubbing with the OPV?
    Sure, I'll try to take another few photos tomorrow. Here's a couple more, though you can't really see the opv here.

I had a 10mm piece of Delrin made to measure to go behind the backplate, that is supposed to arrive on Friday.
    inspo 2.jpginspo 1.jpg

AP Inspiration Vision

Also, I'm waiting for two hp hoses slightly longer than these, as I can't really read these underwater. They're behind the loop.

Inspiration vision

Quote Originally Posted by Meanart  View Original Post
    Sure, I'll try to take another few photos tomorrow. Here's a couple more, though you can't really see the opv here.

I had a 10mm piece of Delrin made to measure to go behind the backplate, that is supposed to arrive on Friday.
    Just installed my new BMCL, the OPV were like just outside the edges of the backplate so looks like I'm all set to go. I just need to get the Lid and canister back from Silent Diving and I'll test it out. I also changed my 55lb wing to the Halcyon CCR 35lb wing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast