+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Filmmaker Rob Stewart missing rebreather diving in Florida Keys

Richard Huntrods sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

Re: Filmmaker Rob Stewart missing rebreather diving in Florida Keys

There is a thread in 'passings'. It does not discuss the incident. There WAS a thread in 'accidents and Incidents' that was very active (going off the rails, one might say???) and that thread is no longer available.

I checked before my last post, and checked a minute ago. It's gone - perhaps pulled so the mods could 'clean it up' but gone for now.

RBW Member Francis is an unknown quantity at this point Francis's Avatar

I dont know what to tell you, I have been following it all day.
    In fact, I just left the post to come here.

I believe posting a link is against TOS, otherwise I would.
    Last edited by Francis; 5th February 2017 at 03:47.

RBW Member Francis is an unknown quantity at this point Francis's Avatar

Are you logged into the site, or viewing it as a guest?

RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Liberty

As a member. What sub-forum is it under?

Edit: found it. It's back up in accidents and incidents
    Last edited by Steverin06; 5th February 2017 at 07:57.

RBW Member aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson's Avatar
    Boris, Sentinel

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by 2.reefrat  View Original Post
    I guess it is because of vested interest of Rebreatherworld ownership that there is relatively little analytical discussion here of this tragic event, take a look at Scubaboard to see a much more active an informed thread.
    There is a lot going on behind the scenes here and I hope that Rebreatherworld can continue to be the forum of choice for rebreather divers after the facts come out, the humble pie is consumed and the dust settles.

Hmm Likely the comment above is dead-on. It looks the accidents symptom was not a first and likely not the last... The facts will not come out, this is almost a given. We can only hope the lucky survivor will talk in public about what happens. ..Really concerning is the negligence toward Functional Safety by users and the manufacturer. Andy

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Filmmaker Rob Stewart missing rebreather diving in Florida Keys

[/QUOTE]Really concerning is the negligence toward Functional Safety by users and the manufacturer. Andy[/QUOTE]

Can I ask you to elaborate on what exactly are you referring to here please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cb1; 5th February 2017 at 15:54.

RBW Member MTUREK is an unknown quantity at this point MTUREK's Avatar

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

This tragedy is just mind boggling........

How does a NEW CCR diver get to dive to 70 meters only 4 days after he receives his INITIAL certification on a rebreather not to mention it was their third dive of the day even if he was diving with his Instructor......

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    This tragedy is just mind boggling........

How does a NEW CCR diver get to dive to 70 meters only 4 days after he receives his INITIAL certification on a rebreather not to mention it was their third dive of the day even if he was diving with his Instructor......

RIP
    As mentioned before on scubaboard is a way more active thread than here. (And also way more guessing and ) Acording to post 183 on page 19 (see attachments) it was NOT his INITIAL certification, it was 4 days after he got certified for a (probably normoxic, for me it's not completly clear) trimix course. Please feel free and read al 36 pages

Nearly Bubbleless Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz's Avatar
    Halcyon RB80

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyboy  View Original Post
    Well, that thread looks like it's been pulled.

You didn't miss much other than tabloid-level gossip.
    It certainly wasn't a thorough and thoughtful accident analysis thread.
    It was full of mud slinging, rumour, and stuff that, while interesting, had nothing to do with the accident.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find an uncensored forum where such a discussion is taking place

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast