+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tecme can:- How long canI leave it filled?

RBW Member moosecooper is an unknown quantity at this point moosecooper's Avatar
    Poseidon se7en

Tecme can:- How long canI leave it filled?

The weather looked like it was coming rite last week ,So I filled the can with Sorb and put the Poseidon Seven together and tested it.I left the unit with all air sucked out of it and it has been that way since.Question:- Can I leave it this way,OR take out the can and seal in plastic bags,OR tip the sorb back into the bottle it came out of?????moosecoooper.

RBW Member ECho is an unknown quantity at this point ECho's Avatar
    Meg

Re: Tecme can:- How long canI leave it filled?

I'd leave it as is, unless it was going to be months before I got back to it. Certainly, I would not pour the 'sorb back into the jug... The last time that I gone blown out, I left my rebreather assembled for about 3 weeks and then just redid all of the functionality checks, before diving.

HTH

Escaped... Lab Rat is an unknown quantity at this point Lab Rat's Avatar
    Meg Driver

Quote Originally Posted by moosecooper  View Original Post
    ....I left the unit with all air sucked out of it ....

I wouldn't leave it stored with a negative pressure test...but that is about wear on the breather (sharp edges on hoses, etc.)

But the sorb sealed in it for a week or two isn't an issue...so long as it isn't in sunlight or heat (or freezing)...all of which affect the moisture content of the sorb.

-R

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Have you asked Martin? He should be the first person to ask...

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

I have no problems leaving sorb in my unit (tr300) sealed for month or two. Sure full check of functionality before using it again.

Sent from my LG-K420 using Tapatalk

RBW Member DragonZA is an unknown quantity at this point DragonZA's Avatar
    Poseidon mk VI

If you did a negative test and left it, I would open the DSV and then close again. There should be next to no CO2 in the loop to affect the scrubber, if it was dry and it is sealed against ambient air you should be fine for ages.

This applies to pretty much any scrubber really, Martins can is going to be no different to the Sofno cartridge. Have you tried to fit the blue plastic cartridge seals onto the can? If they work then you should be able to keep it almost indefinitely.

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by moosecooper  View Original Post
    The weather looked like it was coming rite last week ,So I filled the can with Sorb and put the Poseidon Seven together and tested it.I left the unit with all air sucked out of it and it has been that way since.Question:- Can I leave it this way,OR take out the can and seal in plastic bags,OR tip the sorb back into the bottle it came out of?????moosecoooper.
    Come diving with us and use that sorb!

AWOL charters!

+ Reply to Thread