+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Place for tanks/sorb in Key West

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Place for tanks/sorb in Key West

Looks like Ill be in Key West for work in May. One of the guys I work with also dives a revo - and several guys in the company are avid divers. We are planning on going a few days early for some diving. That being said - 2 of us would like to bring our revo's. Is there a place in Key West that rents tanks? Im assuming a few Al80s for bailout will be easy to find...and we can bring kits with us to rig them up. But what about small tanks for O2 and Dil?

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Re: Place for tanks/sorb in Key West

Bump

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Get in touch with Frank Wasson of the Spree. He's Wookie on the boards. He runs tech trips on the Spree, so he must have a source for all the supplies. And he's usually at BTS, so you can talk to him in person. And you can buy me a beer.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Get in touch with Frank Wasson of the Spree. He's Wookie on the boards. He runs tech trips on the Spree, so he must have a source for all the supplies. And he's usually at BTS, so you can talk to him in person. And you can buy me a beer.
    If i am remembering right, the spree was sold in 2016.

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

I was there a year ago. I used Halls for sorb and rental items. They are a poseidon 7 certification shop and they had O2 and mixes.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by TimTimer  View Original Post
    My Alzheimer's must be kicking in. But Frank would still have the contacts. Whether he will come up for BTS is a different issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member doctormike is an unknown quantity at this point doctormike's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by TimTimer  View Original Post
    Yup, but Frank still would know. Wookie on ScubaBoard, send him a DM. He's fairly active there.

RBW Member shortkidd is an unknown quantity at this point shortkidd's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Poseidon Se7en

I was just in the Keys a couple of weeks ago and I picked up a keg of Sorb from DGX in Pompano Beach for $135. Prices for purchase and renting much cheaper out of the Keys I learned.

For me thats cheap compared to Hawaii prices.

Escaped... Lab Rat is an unknown quantity at this point Lab Rat's Avatar
    Meg Driver

Rainbow Reef up in Largo should have everything you need if you make it up that far...not sure about West.

RBW Member macado is an unknown quantity at this point macado's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini-Aquaseal Edition

Not in Key West but Horizon Divers in Key Largo rented me rebreather tanks, and bailout. Trimix fills if you need them.

I brought my own sorb with me down to Florida. I keep 3 rEvo scrubbers full on plane and packed another small 4.5kg container of Sofnolime. I second the DGX suggestion; If anyone in your group is flying into Ft Lauderdale then I'd pick up a keg there.

Rainbow Reef refused to rent me anything (long story there..) so I can't really recommend them.

Would also be interested myself to see if there are any place in Key West where I can rent tanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast