+ Reply to Thread

Thread: leak

RBW Member evandroairton is an unknown quantity at this point evandroairton's Avatar
    inspo classic AV1

leak

hi there,

I was making a positive pressure test on my ybod, and it wouldn't hold

I sprayed soapy water all around and found a leak on the Red arrow spot. It's a custom made av1 head.

changed all rings, and tried Changing the hose orientation, but the leak persisted.

what can be done to fix it?

Regards 2017-01-07 16.02.19.jpg
    Last edited by evandroairton; 7th January 2017 at 17:25.

RBW Member deepdave is an unknown quantity at this point deepdave's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Re: leak

Is it coming from the hose or the fitting?

If it's a split in the hose, shorten it by cutting the split out. If it's the fitting, unscrew the outer from the inner and reseat the clamping threads. Instructions for removing the fittings are in the link below (pg 33) but a little tip not in the instructions, I found dunking the end of the "old clamped version" in a cup of boiling water expanded it enough to stop the two halfs spinning, just find something to wedge in the end if you don't have the fancy tool in your kit.

http://www.apdiving.com/en/?ddownload=4787
    Last edited by deepdave; 7th January 2017 at 18:37.

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

The only way it can leak at the arrow is if the hose is split. That hose looks like the old fitting, so you'll need to get the tool and remove the hose end to have a look and confirm.

If you have a spare-hose this will help, the very old hose has symmetric threads so you can use the mouthpiece. The later hoses do not.

Matt.

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Quote Originally Posted by evandroairton  View Original Post
    tried Changing the hose orientation, but the leak persisted.
    What do you mean? Have you unscrewed from the head and attached to the tee piece and vise versa with the other end?

Regards

Baz

PS how are you liking your Av1?, what do you use as a secondary? I have a ver2 with the battery in the handset.

RBW Member evandroairton is an unknown quantity at this point evandroairton's Avatar
    inspo classic AV1

[QUOTE=turtle dude;484096]What do you mean? Have you unscrewed from the head and attached to the tee piece and vise versa with the other end?

Regards

Baz

exactly what I have done

i' ve found a litle rip on the hose. cut it out, and tryed again. the leak appear again, When i put some stress on the hose. When I turn the hose around a bit it seens to disapear

Só far i am very pleased with my AV1, although used it three times. i am using my old vr3 as

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Quote Originally Posted by evandroairton  View Original Post
    Só far i am very pleased with my AV1, although used it three times. i am using my old vr3 as 1
    Ha ha yer Ive got my old VRx single cell plumbed in at present.

As for your hose issue, I would remove the plastic fittings from both ends of the hose and do the same with the other hose from the exhale t piece to the snorkel of the scrubber canister and swop hoses over and rebuild and test again.

Regards

Baz

+ Reply to Thread