+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clipping off handset

RBW Member Larry0428 is on a distinguished road Larry0428 is on a distinguished road Larry0428's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Clipping off handset

I dive an Inspo with the old handset. Either my arms have shrunk in the wash or my eyesight is deteriorating but either way I am having trouble reading it when on my arm, so I want to try diving it clipped off. I am wondering if anyone has any clever ideas of where and how to clip it off without the cable and handset dangling which I don't like when crawling around old wrecks. Any photos would also be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Larry

RBW Member deepdave is an unknown quantity at this point deepdave's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Re: Clipping off handset

With my vision handset, I cable tied a standard piston clip around the rubber gaiter closest to the handset. It then came under the left arm and clipped onto the 'd' ring on the right chest. It's not dangly at all.

I'm currently trying it back on the wrist but am finding one handed operation a little less accurate (clumsy) compared to the clipped configuration as any pressure on the buttons seems to have the display turning around my wrist.
    Last edited by deepdave; 30th December 2016 at 08:00.

tha never no's Barnsleyman has a spectacular aura about Barnsleyman has a spectacular aura about Barnsleyman has a spectacular aura about Barnsleyman has a spectacular aura about Barnsleyman has a spectacular aura about Barnsleyman's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

I have my 20/20 clipped but it does dangle, I know what you mean. Don't like the one handed operation and have a petrel with Fischer on my wrist. Tried them both their, one inside wrist one outside but two cumbersome. The strap on the new mounting it not as neat as the old vision handset for clipping on.

Thought about using one of those retractors that automatically reel back in. Still thinking about it - would love to see other ideas

RBW Member techintime is an unknown quantity at this point techintime's Avatar
    Revo III micro FT RMS

Your comment about your arms shrinking makes it sound like the issue is your near vision. Why not get corrected lenses for your mask and leave the handset on your arm where it belongs. Dive rite has a mask with built in near vision inserts down in the corners. I find it a lot easier to read the LCD screen up close on my back up timer. Not distracting to look past at things in the distance.
    https://www.diveseekers.com/Dive_Rit...30black-gr.htm

RBW Member deepdave is an unknown quantity at this point deepdave's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Following up on this, I've got a genuine AP handset strap (never used) FS if that's any good to you.

+ Reply to Thread