+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Was Santa Good To You This Year???

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Re: Was Santa Good To You This Year???

Does anyone here use valves of this description for side mount or bail out?

RBW Member sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

Hi,

yes I do.

https://rebreather-ventile.de/produc...m25-2/?lang=en

http://www.tec-dive-shop.com/flasche...indrisch?c=362

These are European spec M25 but I think they are available for DOT US-spec cylinders.

Reiner

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Quote Originally Posted by TopLeft  View Original Post
    Custom how?
    I have 4 Nautec 232 Bar DIN SLS valves that were made to fit the 5/8" UNF Tank Threads on my Carbon Fibre 1.5L 300 Bar Paintball tanks. I use pairs these tanks on my Flex BOB.

Michael
    Last edited by michael-fisch; 2nd January 2017 at 05:49.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Wow that's some nice-looking snazzy gear.
    Chett. L

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

I love it!!!! Love those tanks - since I am not getting any younger, they save my back. These Nautec valves are awesome. Not only do the black line valves look great, but they are the most carefully engineered (made in Germany) valves.

I will be changing out my other bail-out regulators to this Poseidon one. It performs incredibly well, rigs perfectly on a bail-out, and it can be used left or right without a swivel.

C

RBW Member marc Inspired is on a distinguished road marc Inspired is on a distinguished road marc Inspired's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Talking Re: Was Santa Good To You This Year???

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    Sweet! Are these available with burst disks and to fit our standard tank thread sizes?

I assume the attraction is weight saving. These could be a great trim fix.
    According to their site no problem about the burst disk

https://rebreather-ventile.de/produk...th-burst-disk/

cheers Marc

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Not only do the black line valves look great, but they are the most carefully engineered (made in Germany) valves. C
    Just a note of caution. I'd vary the make of your pillar valves to reduce a chance of a common failure point. I had two Nautec valves fail one after the other brand new out of their box. The first one failed a go/nogo test when it was being installed and then its replacement pillar valve was unable to shut off the O2 on the rebreather. When I stripped the pillar valve I found a massive groove scrapped in the HP seat that was allowing the O2 to bypass the seat. Nautec explained to me that this happens when the seat is the last piece of material being machined off of the bar of whatever material they are made of. Little comfort to me. I reckon the AP pillar valves have a way more smoother opening action than the Nautec ones. The Nautec valves just either open or close suddenly whereas the AP ones open slowly, precisely and very slightly which is ideal for Oxygen.

I hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2