+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why The Scuba Industry is Suffering...

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Why The Scuba Industry is Suffering...

This is how OUR generation used to dress up to have fun...

vintagescuba.jpg

...and THIS is how the Current generation dresses up....

youngpeople.jpg

And you wonder why the Scuba Biz is hurting...

Kevin.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Why The Scuba Industry is Suffering...

I was thinking of so many nasty things to say when I just realized that there is a White piece of gum or sticker on the bottom of wooden table sandwiched in between captain fantastic.......
    Chett. L

Escaped... Lab Rat is an unknown quantity at this point Lab Rat's Avatar
    Meg Driver

Clickbait...on rebreatherworld...well...you got me.

And now for something completely different: a game of name that superhero!

I'm going with:

Rabid Penguin?

Saber-Turtle?

-R

rEvo Shearwater tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13's Avatar
    rEvo

The dreaded Red Footed Pengurtle.

Supporting Member spyder360 is an unknown quantity at this point spyder360's Avatar
    Sentinel Expedition, Mk15/15.5

LAR VII, LAR V Clone, Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat  View Original Post
    Clickbait...on rebreatherworld...well...you got me.

And now for something completely different: a game of name that superhero!

I'm going with:

Rabid Penguin?

Saber-Turtle?

-R
    LOL!

How about "No chances with girls?"

Seriously though, what is up with this current generation? They can't fix anything themselves, rely on mom/dad way too long, can't deal with hurt feelings/being called names, wouldn't have a clue what to do in a fist fight....its shocking/sad!

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

Quote Originally Posted by spyder360  View Original Post
    LOL!

Seriously though, what is up with this current generation? They can't fix anything themselves, rely on mom/dad way too long, can't deal with hurt feelings/being called names, wouldn't have a clue what to do in a fist fight....its shocking/sad!

anit THAT the truth GAWD HE HIT ME .......

RBW Member evandroairton is an unknown quantity at this point evandroairton's Avatar
    inspo classic AV1

I though it was only at my country
    Sad to see what we call "mimimi" generation all over the world

LOL!

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

LOL!

It's called coddling, and it is raising a generation of wussies!

I see it all the time, "johnny, be careful and don't fall off that chair, you will HURT YERSELF!" Holy shit, I laugh so hard when I see these helicopter parents, I broke so many bones and had so many sutures before I entered Jr.High that my file at the hospital looked like an encyclopedia book. Every physician I saw (the ortho guys knew me by first name) commented on it, and gave the "ata boy" look to my parents. We were encouraged to explore the ocean, jump off of roofs into our pool... get into trouble to learn about life from our mistakes.

Not so much today, they would rather their kids stay inside and learn how to navigate spacebook, twitter or pinuntrust while protecting them from the "painful" experiences life offers. you know, they only want the best for their babies and want to spare them any failures in life...
    Last edited by whynot?; 4th March 2017 at 16:23.

RBW Member markdol2 is an unknown quantity at this point markdol2's Avatar
    hammerhead extreeme

Thanks for making me feel old kevin ,I remember using every piece of that gear from the j -valve and reserve rod to the calypso jr. reg, i guess i should throw in a horse collar too!

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

horse collars were only used by woosies, real men used their lungs and fins.

Michael