+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Molex Connector Size

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

Molex Connector Size

Running through pre-dives this morning one of my cells is responding REALLY slowly. So, instead of just happily accepting that it eventually got to the right place I went to troubleshoot it like an idiot.

What I found was that one of the molex crimps was cracked along the first turn of the little curlicue and as soon as I looked at it funny it just broke and fell off.

So now I'm determined to add to my aggregation of oddities that is a save-a-dive kit a soldering iron and a molex crimper. The question is: what model crimper and what molex terminations? What's the size and where do you get them?IMG_1916.jpg

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Re: Molex Connector Size

This is what I ordered from Digi-Key for a project:
    Digi-Key - BlkOut.jpg

I can mail a couple of the gold contacts and a connector since I ordered more than I needed. PM me your address if you want me to do that.

I borrowed a good crimping tool from a member here, for advice on crimping tools I can include his contact info in my reply.

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Re: Molex Connector Size

And I just had this happen to one of my molex connectors. A wire broke at the crimp. But thanks to your post I had just thrown spare molex parts in my save a dive. I am hoping that my friend with the crimp tool is home on my way back from todays dive.

+ Reply to Thread