+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oeticker Pliers?

Bob Sweeney bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi's Avatar
    KISS Spirit LTE

KISS Classic

Re: Oeticker Pliers?

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hello all, do you P2 users prefer the Oeticker clamps to the generic ss plumbing variety? If so, why? Thanks, -Andy
    I like the oeticker clamps because they are very flat. This made hooking up my NERD to the Hollis BOV much simpler and it doesn't move as much. Another positive is that the threaded rings on the hoses can now move so that the oring is exposed so I can more easily verify it is installing in the BOV correctly.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by bobmaggi  View Original Post
    I like the oeticker clamps because they are very flat. This made hooking up my NERD to the Hollis BOV much simpler and it doesn't move as much. Another positive is that the threaded rings on the hoses can now move so that the oring is exposed so I can more easily verify it is installing in the BOV correctly.
    Hi Bob, yes the clasp part does look flatter and less sharp, good to know, thanks, -Andy

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hi Bob, yes the clasp part does look flatter and less sharp, good to know, thanks, -Andy
    It is probably blasphemy to say, but there are some that just use zipties. Maybe not in the Hollis world, but certainly in fitting the Hollis BOV to other units, and on some units in general (AP uses zip ties for loop to fitting connections).

Jim

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by moose_grunt  View Original Post
    It is probably blasphemy to say, but there are some that just use zipties. Maybe not in the Hollis world, but certainly in fitting the Hollis BOV to other units, and on some units in general (AP uses zip ties for loop to fitting connections).

Jim
    Hi Jim, I'm sure on a DSV or BOV it's not so critical because there's not as much weight hanging, as opposed to the hoses that go from head to CL, which then has the weight of the whole loop hanging on it... -Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2