+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mod II skills ?

Mod II skills ?

I am working on my mod I now and have been diving tech trimix for a few years now. I'm thinking forward to mod II. What are the essential skills that are taught in mod II?

RBW Member P-A is an unknown quantity at this point P-A's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Re: Mod II skills ?

Quote Originally Posted by A878bob  View Original Post
    I am working on my mod I now and have been diving tech trimix for a few years now. I'm thinking forward to mod II. What are the essential skills that are taught in mod II?
    That would depend on which unit you are diving and what training agency you are doing your training with.

RBW Member jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Re: Mod II skills ?

Quote Originally Posted by A878bob  View Original Post
    Bearing in mind what the previous poster also said, here's a few to consider that I had to do:

All the Mod1 skills like dil and O2 flushing.
    Controlled ascent, descent and holding stops.
    Manually driving the CCR.
    Stage handling (on and off on the move, and more than 1 stage).
    Switching to backup wing inflation and off-board gas supplies.
    Bailout ascent from depth with deco stops and gas switches.
    No-mask ascent, though you'll need someone to help with that! Can't see a damn thing).

Generally, it will build on everything you already have done and should be familiar with, so just make sure you remember all about how your unit works, settings, how the alarms function if you have them, how to flush etc. Be comfortable on the unit up to the level you are at now and the course will do the rest.

+ Reply to Thread